LUCY RAN!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
For the last few weeks, Lucy has just really slowed down. She has just been moving so slow and not even been chasing the rabbits that live in our yard. Not even one that ran three feet in front of her. We had agreed that she is off to the vet on Monday.

Well, I started her on raw food on Friday. Saturday she had a bit of spring in her step. She was moving faster and manuvering the stairs much better. Today, sh ran! TWICE!!!!! Then she went quickly up the stairs and when I was talking to her, she even jumped up on me!

I am so excited I cant stand it! I will wait a few more days before we take her to the vet just to see what happens. Yes, she is an older dog.

Just had to share.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Yea! Lucy!! So are you going raw for all 3?

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you guys!! Yes, [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] I am switching all three. Lucy is actually the one I had the highest hopes for...and guess what!!! We went out to potty again a few minutes ago and she ran off chasing a squirrel! Then I caught up to her and she trotted back and was running all over the yard. I am just speechless. After doing only the eeyore walk for the last few weeks, with NO running, NO trotting having issues going up stairs and getting on the sofa, I am floored....I started crying when she took off after that squirrel. As most of you know, she is a basset with a 10 to 12 year life span and she will be 9 in November.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Aww that's so great. Go get them girl!

Geez, I teared up too when you said you teared up. You tell the best stories. lol.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh since you mentioned that Lucy's an older girl, a lot of rawfeeders give theirs chicken feet because it's a great source of glucosamine. I give one to Stig whenever he's eating some sort of chicken (either a leg & thigh or half a back), which is about 3-4 times a week. And, yes, they can eat the nails. Gross, eh. :)

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] thank you for the tip. I am just floored at this. I will have to see if she is sore,etc tomrrow. Keep your fingers crossed.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
that's too cool, way to go Lucy, you go girl.:)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Yea Lucy!!!!!!!!, just another proven fact WHAT A DIFFERENCE GOOD FOOD MAKES!!!!!

P.S. My Basset years ago lived to be 11 yrs. old!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is great news! I am happy for you and Lucy. Yes let's hope she is not sore tomorrow!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Wow!! Amazing!! Keeping my fingers crossed it's the food!! Keep us updated!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online