Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So ever since Chip found a tortoise in the middle of a busy intersection in Texas, he rescued and made him a beautiful hacienda here in our yard.

He loves his tortoise so much that whenever we drive into town if he sees a rock on the road he will turn around and go back thinking it is a tortoise! (This is when of course we find out it is just a rock).

We recently were given these cute little babies as well, so I thought I would share them with you, these pictures are wonderful!

IMG_6554.jpg

IMG_6534.jpg

IMG_6535.jpg

IMG_6537.jpg

IMG_6539.jpg

IMG_6555.jpg

IMG_6557.jpg

IMG_6559.jpg

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my goodness I :heart: them!!! I have a special place for desert tortoises since my gramma has 2 that mate every year. Those babies are what 1 or 2 years old? Adorable! Hard to tell from the pics but so long as they are a decent size they should be safe outside. When they are tiny you have to be careful or hawks etc coming down and stealing them up. You have a whole circus of them dont you?!?!? :)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
How cute, do the dogs bother them? and do they ever eat those plants/flowers? We have them in our yard, can't remember the name.

L

Lucy-licious

Awww I love tortoises but they are so hard to get here and cost an arm and a leg :eek:
We used to keep them when I was little but that was when they weren't illegal to import without a lisence. Something stopped for obvious reasons.
My SiL has 2 but they're tiny not at all as big as your babies look :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
so how many total do you have? I think I saw 5 in the pics. Is that all of them, or just the new ones? There's a pet shop near here that has several large ones they keep in a pen out in a garage area attached to the shop. They are pretty good sized. Facinating to watch them.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
We have a total of 7, (6 babies and Loredo). We have plenty of time to make them bigger quarters, they take quite a long time to grow. The babies are about the size of the palm of my hand. Right now they are just in this small 6x4 area. We have an acre so it will be fun to set them up something. I think once they get bigger the dogs won't mess with them. I just dont want them wandering the back yard yet, they are quite small so we don't want to lose them. Now Chip is talking a tortoise forum....

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
haha is he actually going to be on that one then?!?! :lol: Your palm is still small, how fun to watch them grow! The kids must be in heaven with them all.

Rosiesmom

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie aka Rosebud, Rosie Posie
How cute! They are so sweet!! My son says they look like little grenades! What a boy! Love the pics!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Holy cow, there's so many! =) I love reptiles, especially the shelled kinds. Love the first pic, looks like he's smiling.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
ahh,we had one up till 6 months ago,he was 7 years old still a baby,but he used to wonder into the greenhouse ,but this particular day we found him flipped upside down ,we dont know how long hed been like this but saddly he died,remember they do try to climb and flip onto their backs,also we used to bath him once a week in warm water to ensure he would eliminate lol,hed just started hibernating too,sad,have fun with him they can be so full of fun believe it or not,i have a pic somewhere of one of my bullys and stinky that was his name!!playing very slow like lol,karen

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Awwwww.... I love tortoises. Are those native to your area? We may have to have one someday. ;)

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
OMG, I'm coming to your house to play with them. They are just too precious. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics. What are their names? :tongue:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
They are so cute! I bet they are a lot of fun. What do they eat?

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Wonderful pictures! When I was a kid we had a tortoise named Bill. One day he was missing. Months later we did a house swap with my grandma. She was cleaning the cupboards and guess what??? There was Billl, alive and doing well!!! Your kids are lucky to have so many pets!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.