Why does my cat keep doing this????

simbasimba

Jul 21, 2011
@ OP, I just laughed out loud because my cat does EXACTLY THIS. She just knocked over another tall glass on my dresser and just got so mad I wanted to see if anyone else has this problem and came to this site. WHY DOES SHE DO IT?! You give her a bowl of water, she'll feel around the bottom of it with her paw then knock it over, back away and stare at the trail of water as it spreads. ANY CUP LEFT ANYWHERE she will find, stick her face in the top and look around, bat the top with her paw, then put her paw in the top, pull back and knock it over. She'll sniff at the water, maybe a lick or two, then walk away. WHY?! It is so obnoxious. No matter what, she'll do it, always. Is there a reason? Also, if she'll here me getting water out of the refrigerator, she'll stand under me and just watch. Same thing if I'm getting ice. I get worried that she's not getting enough water because she's always doing this. If I have a sink full of water though, she'll stand by and drink it. I shoo her away because that's gross and the same thing with this big glass container I got my mom that has floating candles in it. She'll jump up on the counter and drink out of it without a problem. I let her because like I said, I'm worried that she's not getting enough water but my mom shoos her away saying that the water is stale, but I don't think that's that big a deal. Anyway, just wanted to share. It drives me CRAZY! I'm glad my cat isn't the only one. I don't know how old she is exactly, maybe a year, two years at the most. She looks like a "teenager" cat, not too big or small. I don't know if the age has anything to do with it, maybe she's curious because she's younger? No idea.

Members online

No members online now.