chihuahua lots of pee

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Sooooooooo, i have my sons chi most of the time. She's a girl and 13. I think she's peeing more these days and wondering what preventative measures i should be taking with her. I read up (here) on cranberry bites etc.. But wondering if thats good??? brand? and what oils should i rub on her? Stuff like that. Any info would be much appreciated :) Oh, and nighttime diaper? She 'hits' the pee pad great during the day but missing it at night??? what the heck!!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Does she take lasix? Congestive heart failure? If not, she may have a uti. I've had many old dogs, and if healthy, shouldn't be peeing so much.I would have her checked out.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thanks [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] ;) I am going to set that up to make sure theres not 'an issue' first of all, and i 'think' that what appears as possible more pee is that when it goes onto the pad it is not spreading like it does when just spilling onto MY FLOOR next to the pad. Is there something an old dog (i am now making her food... different protein ratio... and thinking it's 'the beef' so going to switch to turkey or chicken?) needs ? or mabie just nighttime diaper cause she 'hits it on the pad' during the day???? what the heck? !

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Higher protein is recommended for older dogs,due to their muscle loss, unless they have kidney/urinary problems which then the kidneys have to work harder. If it was me, I would have her checked, or at least have her urine checked.Then you can go from there. ***Of course it is part of Murphy's law-urine more if it hits the floor! :D.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Higher protein is recommended for older dogs,due to their muscle loss, unless they have kidney/urinary problems which then the kidneys have to work harder. If it was me, I would have her checked, or at least have her urine checked.Then you can go from there. ***Of course it is part of Murphy's law-urine more if it hits the floor! :D.

lol and GURRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr all the same on the "murphys law"!!! lololol I believe the vet check is in order, and think a protein switch as well. It semes that when i switched to mainly beef, this started soooooooooooooo mabie it's ALL my fault :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Don't sweat-everything's ALWAYS My fault!(I'm the only person here!)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Agree with [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]. UTI should be removed from your list. That being said, seniors dogs lose muscle tones n the bladder can go down more especially in females. Yes definitely needs more protein. Also as senior some NOT all can have diabetes. What does the little girl eat as her meals? You donā€™t need to feed beef either. Chicken n turkey has the highest protein. Why body builders eat tons of chicken breast. Turkey has one gram less than chicken. No big deal.

https://www.natural-dog-health-remedies.com/dog-urinary-tract-infections.html

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
aww common [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] ..Cant we share that title ??! ya??? lolol ...... and to [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION], i have been cooking different for her than i did hank as in.......... i use beef, rice, green beans, sweet potatoe, parsley, and egg white.... something like that but measured out (so i thought) appropriately .. Im going to switch tonight (well find and cook up something for OLD dog menu) unless you know of a good one anyone would want to share ;) I've been caregiving to a friend (older) mabie i should just use that menu ;) So, once again, i love it here, you guys are the best ever and i have big love for you :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] why donā€™t you boil a big turkey for a minimum 8hrs. Skim the fat off as you know. Itā€™s that broth she needs. I know you can buy it but youā€™ll need that turkey meat. Keep the green beans, sweet potatoes as itā€™s loaded of beta carotene, kale, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower..... Add organic turmeric and that pinch of black pepper. Then do your little ziploc bags, freeze. Youā€™ll have more than a monthā€™s worth as little ones like her doesnā€™t need much. Make sure she gets broth daily so just top your bags with broth.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] why donā€™t you boil a big turkey for a minimum 8hrs. Skim the fat off as you know. Itā€™s that broth she needs. I know you can buy it but youā€™ll need that turkey meat. Keep the green beans, sweet potatoes as itā€™s loaded of beta carotene, kale, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower..... Add organic turmeric and that pinch of black pepper. Then do your little ziploc bags, freeze. Youā€™ll have more than a monthā€™s worth as little ones like her doesnā€™t need much. Make sure she gets broth daily so just top your bags with broth.

im on it ;) tks again :) Hum,,,, edited to add, i suppose beings it's hard to find a turkey whole these days, i suppose i could either get a whole chicken and do it, or i 'think' that our sprouts sells turkey *parts* so could do it that way :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
im on it ;) tks again :) Hum,,,, edited to add, i suppose beings it's hard to find a turkey whole these days, i suppose i could either get a whole chicken and do it, or i 'think' that our sprouts sells turkey *parts* so could do it that way :)

USA has no turkey in the summer? Here we will find them in the freezer section all year round. If you canā€™t find any, whole chicken will do. Iā€™m sure at that age you would of known by now if there were any allergies.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
USA has no turkey in the summer? Here we will find them in the freezer section all year round. If you canā€™t find any, whole chicken will do. Iā€™m sure at that age you would of known by now if there were any allergies.

hummmmmm ya know, i dont think i've ever checked freezer section, but tomorrow i will ;) But, usually sprouts has the *parts* so will check. Do i need to throw in some liver or hearts etc? seems like i did with hank

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
hummmmmm ya know, i dont think i've ever checked freezer section, but tomorrow i will ;) But, usually sprouts has the *parts* so will check. Do i need to throw in some liver or hearts etc? seems like i did with hank

Of course if it comes with the organs, boil them too. Unless little Chia is use to having some raw organs. If not yes boil them.

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online