Thread: Bella-Beans

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bella-Beans

No, she's a foster. Anyone want her?

@cadillactaste I believe they always keep female overnight. I think it's a bit more indepth surgery. I dunno though...
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

@bulldog family Thanks...when Ahsoka is spayed I'll sort of know what to expect. Sarge will no doubt drive me nuts...since those two are best buds. And when she was crated more as a pup...he would cry for her.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@cadillactaste Having a female spayed is definitely more of an invasible process than a male neutering but none of my female dogs and not anyone elses that I knew were ever kept over night. We've always dropped them off in the morning and picked them up in the evening. But who knows, maybe they couldn't get Tinkerbelle in until late in the day so they needed to keep her overnight for observation???

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Bella was spayed at 7:30 in the morning. It's a good thing she stayed over because this am she started bleeding and they couldn't get her to stop. They ended up having to put a belly band on her. I have to change it everyday. They said since she had several litters, and evidently had a c-section in the past, it was hard on her body. Poor baby. The bill for a spay was $329.00!!! Cripes... when did a spay cost sooo much!!
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moses
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We paid $700 for our Shih Tzu's spaying, and they are estimating Moe's cherry eye procedure will cost $1,000 but that is the Hawaii mentality, they know we can not simply drive somewhere else. My wife was interesting in buying a Jeep Wrangler and asked about their price being $6,000 over MSRP... the salesman was very smug in stating that they will not budge from their markup

Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Why do things like this cost so much? No wonder people don't alter their pet... they can't afford it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads