Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Don't even get me started on this. I don't care what a flight attendant said, there is no way in hell I would ever agree to put MY DOG in the overhead bin. And this dog barked for hours, suffocating and dying and not one person thought they should say something or do something! This story simply infuriates me to no end.

:censored::cursing::yell::bitching::pissed::hellno:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Sorry but if you’re going to agree to an idiot fight attendant that’s telling you to put any breed dog/cat/bird in them carry-on bin n shut the door!?!?!? Like where’s your brain? Demand to see the captain or call 911. I would be the 1st one off that plane. That fight attendant would be fire trust me. That’s my 2cents!

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
First of all
I would never agreed to put my dog in over-head carry on

Then

I would OWN United Airlines when I finished with lawsuits

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
And United just sent a dog to Japan instead of Kansas!

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
I think it was Erma Bombeck that said,
'Hell hath no fury as that of a mother protecting her young'
Well ......as Far As I'm Concerned.....my Pet is my Young

Delaney24

Feb 15, 2018
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
This is so sad. I wish they would have stood up to that flight attendant.
Also, something seems wrong with this. You can't just carry a dog on a plane, you have to arrange for the pet to travel as each airline has certain guidelines. Some airlines don't even allow bulldog breeds to fly at all! So if the dog was booked, how did the flight attendant not know? Then she claims to have not heard the passenger say there was a dog in the carrier? Or his 2 hours of barking? So sad!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
This is so sad. I wish they would have stood up to that flight attendant.
Also, something seems wrong with this. You can't just carry a dog on a plane, you have to arrange for the pet to travel as each airline has certain guidelines. Some airlines don't even allow bulldog breeds to fly at all! So if the dog was booked, how did the flight attendant not know? Then she claims to have not heard the passenger say there was a dog in the carrier? Or his 2 hours of barking? So sad!!!

Something is odd about all of this....Like they say, 2 sides to a story. Like to hear what United has to say...

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose
If you love your dog a.k.a. your child, you will absolutely not put your dog up in the overhead bin.Why wouldn't you even then get up to check if it's ok, if it needs water or anything. You leave it up there and don't even bother looking until the plane lands? I'm just going to throw it out there, maybe they did it for the money...obviously they didn't really care about the dog.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
IMHO the pet parent is at fault here... there is NO way in HELL I would put my 10 month old puppy in an overhead bin, regardless of what some flight attendant said. I would've walked off the plane w/my kids and pup in tow... and called the media. People are complete morons... does anyone have any common sense anymore?!!

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
maybe they did it for the money...obviously they didn't really care about the dog.[/QUOTE]

Excellent point

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
IMHO the pet parent is at fault here... there is NO way in HELL I would put my 10 month old puppy in an overhead bin, regardless of what some flight attendant said. I would've walked off the plane w/my kids and pup in tow... and called the media. People are complete morons... does anyone have any common sense anymore?!!

I decided long ago, 'common sense' is a very, very rare commodity now days.
that and RESPONSIBILITY...............

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I decided long ago, 'common sense' is a very, very rare commodity now days.
that and RESPONSIBILITY...............
All too true
There was more than one idiot involved with the death of this dog. Had I been on that plane I would have taken the dog out of the overhead as soon as the plane left the ground. Simple as that...then dare someone to try to put it back. It would not have ended well for someone. That's if it were NOT my dog.
Had it been my dog it never would have been put in there to begin with.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am wondering how savvy a traveller the owner was. I am not excusing anyone as my dog wouldn't have been up there either but some of these flight attendants IMO are becoming like the TSA. We have had a couple of run-ins with the TSA and flight attendants when travelling with a completely disabled family member. It is not fun dealing with people who think they know it all and unfortunately have all the power. You cannot reason or argue with them.

OP
harveyspecter

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
I am wondering how savvy a traveller the owner was. I am not excusing anyone as my dog wouldn't have been up there either but some of these flight attendants IMO are becoming like the TSA. We have had a couple of run-ins with the TSA and flight attendants when travelling with a completely disabled family member. It is not fun dealing with people who think they know it all and unfortunately have all the power. You cannot reason or argue with them.

Not giving any excuse for the owners but if someone with authority tells you that you should comply and obey orders, you follow otherwise risk of getting thrown out,especially in this case where the owner's English is challenged and probably feels inadequate to argue and articulate. Other passengers heard the instructions from the flight attendant to put him in the head bin compartment. For her to play dumb that she was unaware that a dog was inside the soft kennel is not owning it and speak volumes of her sad character. I do not believe her claim at all. She should be fired at the very least.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.