Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My little Nephew Sean got a new puppy for his birthday two weeks ago, he named him Duke, and he is heartbroken right now, and needs as many prayers as he can for his little friend.

My sister bought the puppy from a breeder in her neighbourhood, it's a Yorkshire Terrier, she was told the puppy was 8 weeks old but it was only 6 weeks old, the breeder sent her home with an adult dog kibble?? The puppy weighs 2 lbs, in what universe would it be able to eat an adult size kibble?

Yesterday the puppy was playing on the floor with Sean and it was running and jumping, then all of a sudden it vomited bile on the floor and then keeled over on its side. My sister called a neighbour over who has a dog, (this is my sisters first time owning a dog), and she said to take it to the vet. The vet gave the puppy some medication to stop the vomiting, he wasn't able to get a poop sample because he hasn't pooped, and he gave him some antibiotics. Today the puppy isn't any better, and is still vomiting. The vet asked my sister if he may have eaten something, but she said she hasn't left the puppy alone, and he hasn't wanted to eat since yesterday. He's very lethargic, won't eat and is very sick. He's at the vet hospital on IV and antibiotics, but they don't know what is wrong with him. The vet thinks he has some kind of virus, he said he's so young and so tiny, so he may not make it. My nephew is so sad and devestated. My sister called the breeder and she says it didn't get sick at her house, and now she won't talk to my sister or return her calls. I pray that the little guy makes it, he's so cute, and my nephew loves him so much. Please pray for Duke that he pulls through and doesn't pass away.

Sean and Duke

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 182

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So sad! Sending prayers...

Monica tell them to check for parvo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this... sending prayers!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Poor little Duke. Such a tiny little baby. Sending positive thoughts n prayers. :pray2:

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Prayes for this dear life.. and the heart of your nephew ��

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So sorry [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] praying for that little pup. Does sound like Parvo,and most likely won't make it, being so tiny. Since "breeder" is not interested,not in it for the dogs,in it for the $$. Bet this won't be the only one that gets sick! I really really hope we will hear good news...... Two weeks incubation-breeder SHOULD be responsible. Poor little nephew,what kind of person is the breeder to do that to a young boy?

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks everyone, there still isn't any news or change in Duke, he's still at the vets on IV. I will tell my sister to ask the vet to check for Parvo. I really hope he pulls through. He's so cute, he looks like a little stuffed toy.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Is he dry heaving? Vomiting? IOW, is there a heaving motion from down low?
Is Duke regurgitating? Is there a sudden Surprising upheaval of food or liquid?
What I’m getting at is, could it be megaesophagus?
X-ray will show
Mega E dogs usually start showing signs after going on solid food
Could also be Parvo but that’s always associated with foul smelling diarrhea.
I hope it’s neither...will pray for his quick recovery.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We're praying for little Duke and Sean. I think your sister should report the breeder to the police (or the spca or something) - surely, it cannot be legal to sell a six-week-old pup? I hope you are close so Bulldozer and Blossom can be of some comfort to your nephew.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We're praying for little Duke and Sean. I think your sister should report the breeder to the police (or the spca or something) - surely, it cannot be legal to sell a six-week-old pup? I hope you are close so Bulldozer and Blossom can be of some comfort to your nephew.

hi Cefe, unfortunately I don't think it's a crime to sell a 6 week old puppy, but it should be, but it is very irresponsible and heartless on the breeders part, because she clearly doesn't care about her puppies or the breed, and she's just out for the money and profits. She isn't even concerned for her sick pup, and how do you do this to a little boy? My sister and I are really close and we only live about 1/2 hour from each other, but my sister has asthma and very bad allergies to cats especially and also dogs, we have the dogs but also a cat, and she gets asthma if she stays too long. She got a Yorkshire Terrier because they are hypoallergenic and she stayed around the pup to make sure she wouldn't have have allergies from it, because she didn't want to give it to her son and then have issues after.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] Any news about the little pup? Praying for the little fella'(both of them...):pray:

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
@Vikinggirl Any news about the little pup? Praying for the little fella'(both of them...):pray:

Hi Lynn I just came on to,post an update. I spoke to my sister about an hour ago, and she said the vet sent Duke home tonight, he was on IV antibiotics, still never figured out what was causing him to vomit, but says he thinks that most of his problems were that he was just too young to be taken from his mom, and he's so small, weighing only 2 lbs. he's on antibiotics just to be safe, and the vet gave her some special cat food to feed him. I don't know why he would say cat food, unless it's because cat food is higher in nutrients than dog food, and is also higher in fat than dog food. I told her that after he's off the cat food, she has to stop feeding him the adult dog food, and get a good quality puppy kibble with no grains. I have her a few names from the Dog Food Ratings. She said Duke was playing a little bit tonight and had more energy than he had, so that's a good sign. Sean is one happy little boy to have his Buddy back. I'm glad he's doing better and back home. I also told my sister not to let him around other dogs or walk around outside until he's had all his puppy shots, and he's a little stronger and bigger. Thank you to you and everyone who said prayers and send love for Duke.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Sean and Duke ❤️

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 172
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 179
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 177

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Sean and Duke ❤️

Wow GREAT NEWS!!!! Glad Sean got his little buddy back. A cat's diet is a bit different as a cat needs more protein and amino acid called taurine which basically prevents heart issues, hair loss etc. Also you have more vit A in cat food. Btw, I use to have a cat. 2lbs is very small. Imo it should not be handled too long. They need to stay warm. Picking up puppies n playing with them too long a pup can get chilled n get sick.

📰 Latest posts

Members online