Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
I'm at a total loss on what is going on with her. She is 8, I have had her since she was one and we always just left her out in the house and she would hold it for hours! Most of the time she never got off the couch. Then the accidents started happening and nothing changed. The vet didn't see anything wrong and she was only an antibiotic for 60 days and it didn't change anything. She eats well, solid stools, etc but no matter what she has an accident!

Take last night for example, I walk her after dinner she pees and poops. Then I take her out around 10pm and she pees. I put her in the bathroom because I don't have time to steam clean carpets in the AM trying to get out the door for work. I go in to feed her at 6am and there are TWO piles of poop and pee on the floor!! I just don't understand it. If I put her in the back yard she flat out refuses to get off the deck, she has even pooped up there before. Other than allergies she is healthy. Any ideas please??

The only thing I can think of is a crate but we haven't had one big enough for her in years. We just have Biscuits and it's too small for her. She absolutely hates being outside. Is it just her age you think? She is on no other meds except Heartguard.

This was her yesterday, I can't believe they are banning pitbulls in some areas. This dog wouldn't hurt a fly!

Polly with girls.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15628]Biscuitsmom[/MENTION] It sounds like there could be something else going on. Perhaps x-rays? or a sonogran may be needed? It is not normal for a dog to start that,if there have been no changes in her life(food,environment,pups,people,etc.)

OP
Biscuitsmom

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
[MENTION=15628]Biscuitsmom[/MENTION] It sounds like there could be something else going on. Perhaps x-rays? or a sonogran may be needed? It is not normal for a dog to start that,if there have been no changes in her life(food,environment,pups,people,etc.)

You might be right. I'll talk to DH tonight and then call up the vet to see what they recommend. She just wants to be inside asleep which is fine but it's hit or miss if she has an accident. If she is outside at all she just wines constantly by the door. No new changes, the last change was when we got Biscuit over a year ago.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You might be right. I'll talk to DH tonight and then call up the vet to see what they recommend. She just wants to be inside asleep which is fine but it's hit or miss if she has an accident. If she is outside at all she just wines constantly by the door. No new changes, the last change was when we got Biscuit over a year ago.

Any other behavioral changes? I would have the vet do a head to toes evaluation on her. Banks did this once (behavior changes) and it turned out she had a stone in her belly :stinkeye:

OP
Biscuitsmom

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Any other behavioral changes? I would have the vet do a head to toes evaluation on her. Banks did this once (behavior changes) and it turned out she had a stone in her belly :stinkeye:

No none at all really. She is just a really laid back girl, but she has slowed down a lot as of late. When I walk her other than peeing right away she normally just stands there. I have no idea if she needs to poop or not. Sometimes she will right away and other times I'm lost as to what she wants. And since she refuses to go in the yard I don't know what to do to guarantee she has done all she needs too.

Staff online

Members online