Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pics of Molly and Stretch

Great pics! Looks like Stretch is fitting in nicely!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Real Name
    Shelly
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly
    Likes (Received)

@Angelgirl I did have Molly's cherry eyes fixed. I got her when she was almost 6 months old, and took her to my vet right away. You can still see a tiny spot in the left eye, the vet told me right after the surgery that the right eye was fixed perfectly, but the left one was troublesome because it had almost let go a little too long. The previous owner's vet said she couldn't get them fixed so young. ?

But it looks much better, and doesn't bother her, so I don't mind!
    Shelly, owned by:
    Molly (English Bulldog), and Stretch (rescue Basset Hound/honorary bulldog)

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

@Miss Molly
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    @Angelgirl I did have Molly's cherry eyes fixed. I got her when she was almost 6 months old, and took her to my vet right away. You can still see a tiny spot in the left eye, the vet told me right after the surgery that the right eye was fixed perfectly, but the left one was troublesome because it had almost let go a little too long. The previous owner's vet said she couldn't get them fixed so young. ?

But it looks much better, and doesn't bother her, so I don't mind!
    I'm thinking with the previous owner's medical issues. She may have not had the money for such a procedure? And was making excuses...
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Real Name
    Shelly
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly
    Likes (Received)

Well, I don't think that was the issue. They had a really nice house and the owned their own business, which is well known in our area. But who knows. They also had never had a bulldog, so probably didn't think to get a second opinion on her cherry eyes. They just looked so uncomfortable for her, I can't believe they wouldn't get a second opinion, or asked their breeder?
    Shelly, owned by:
    Molly (English Bulldog), and Stretch (rescue Basset Hound/honorary bulldog)

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

Well...they may have thought the world of their vet...some do and don't feel to get second opinions. As for the breeder...depends on the relationship they had...as to if she felt led to ask her any questions. One never knows the water under the bridge so to speak.

They're fixed now...that's the main thing. It was such a blessing for her to find herself into your home. Though the reason behind it was sad...my grandmother always said...if you look hard enough at a situation. You can find good that comes of it. And Molly finding her forever home in your care...was just as my grandmother stated.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads