Emily

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
My sister's lab Emily is having surgery today on her pancreas to remove a softball sized tumor. She's 12 years old. She decided to do the surgery to remove it instead of having it rupture. it was an extremely difficult choice for her to make.

just a bit of back story. My sister found Emily and her sister, Tara in the woods. Their mother had been shot and killed by someone and left the puppies there to die with the mother. Emily and Tara were the only ones who survived. My sister found them eating the mom and the other puppies :(

They have been the most loyal, lazy, loving dogs. They would go to hell and back for my sister. They are the only things in this world she has. Despite everything my sister has been through, drugs, alcoholism, divorce, moving numerous times...etc. They have been by her side.

Could you please say a few prayers for Emily and my sister today? They both need them. Thank you!

Emily is the brown one.

Emily and Tara.jpg

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Some things are so terrible to know, all of this makes me so damn sad & mad too!

I can only imagine your pain all along your journey with your sister and how sad she
must be today. This breaks my heart. Prayers starting right now for Emily, the lab, and
for all of you, Honey! I send GIANT hugs of comfort, love & hope. Please let us know
how Emily does after surgery. xoxoxo

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Sweet babies! I will be praying for Emily and for the doctors. May everything go smoothly & perfectly!

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Unfortunately she has to put sweet Emily down. The cancer spread all over. Thank you for your prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Unfortunately she has to put sweet Emily down. The cancer spread all over. Thank you for your prayers.

OH NO.... so very sorry -- please send our thoughts and prayers to them. :(

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

Oh no. :*( :cry: Oh Jennie - please tell her we are all praying for her. Emily, run free sweet girl!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Oh I am so sorry to hear this :*( I am sorry for your sister's loss and am sending positive thoughts to her in such a difficult time.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
f66cdcf7457be0327614bd18c69f5db6.jpg

Emily will be missed by our family [emoji22]

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION] I just read this post. When I read your first post,asking for prayer about the surgery,immediately I thought about my 4 yr. old Frenchie,Carlie,who went in for surgery to remove her spleen. The outcome was the same as your sister's Emily. Emily was a beautiful girl, and a lucky girl to have been saved by your sister as a pup,and I am sure she knew it. I am sending many prayers for your sister,as I know the sadness she will feel. Please let her kno:pray:w that prayers are being said for her,and she will have the pain but Emily is now running,meeting many new friends and pain free,after giving her best years to your sister.:cry:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

I'm so very sorry, Jennie, please convey my condolences on Emily's death to your Sister.
This is such a tragedy but I'm glad Emily & her sis grew up together and knew love and
gave it back to your Sis. Thank you for this update, had just come here to check up.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I was upset when I read the news on FB, I'm SO very sorry… I hope that your sister is doing okay :(

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I was upset when I read the news on FB, I'm SO very sorry… I hope that your sister is doing okay :(
She's not, her heart is broken. Which i understand and so do you. It's going to take her a long time to heal :(

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
@JennieS I just read this post. When I read your first post,asking for prayer about the surgery,immediately I thought about my 4 yr. old Frenchie,Carlie,who went in for surgery to remove her spleen. The outcome was the same as your sister's Emily. Emily was a beautiful girl, and a lucky girl to have been saved by your sister as a pup,and I am sure she knew it. I am sending many prayers for your sister,as I know the sadness she will feel. Please let her kno:pray:w that prayers are being said for her,and she will have the pain but Emily is now running,meeting many new friends and pain free,after giving her best years to your sister.:cry:

Thank you. The tumor was attached to her spleen and liver, i said pancreas on FB but i got it wrong. If they removed it they said she probably wouldn't have made it though the day.

Lots of love to you.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.