Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
So, my teenage daughter doesn't want the litter box in her room any more, even though it has a dome lidā€¦I don't blame her, it takes up room and isn't very attractiveā€¦but we can't keep it anywhere else as my Bully has the run of the house (and like a toddler to their mother, will not let the cat pee in peace).
Well, any who, I went to the pet store today and picked up a "new" kind of litter and litter box.
The litter is this cool crystal like looking stone (that supposedly got great feedback) and the litter box is a "top entry". I'm not so sure how this will go over with her cat, but it's worth a shot.

IMG_1091.JPG

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Awesome cool, Laurie...thank you!

Yes, I remember the whole dog/cat conundrum with the cat box placement.

I lost my Rag Doll, Coco Chanel, 2 years ago at 16 yrs old, 'bout killed me.

Don't believe I can have another one, wouldn't be fair to the new one to
compare to Coco's perfection and I've had cats all my life.

My bully, Cami, enjoys being the ONLY one here with Momma, lol

OP
NewEnglandBully

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Awesome cool, Laurie...thank you!

Yes, I remember the whole dog/cat conundrum with the cat box placement.

I lost my Rag Doll, Coco Chanel, 2 years ago at 16 yrs old, 'bout killed me.

Don't believe I can have another one, wouldn't be fair to the new one to
compare to Coco's perfection and I've had cats all my life.

My bully, Cami, enjoys being the ONLY one here with Momma, lol

Carol!! Missed YOU!
Okay so, A. you had a Ragdoll?! (awesome, I had one when I was a tweenager and, by far, BEST CAT EVER) and B. "Coco Chanel" Oh I knew I loved you!!! Perfect name for such a purrfect pet!

I may have to blog about this oneā€¦don't think Nokie's going to like this one (she hasnt' "gone" yet since I set it up)
I'll post on PetHelp how well/not so well it went.
Does PetHelp have a blog category? I haven't been on latelyā€¦I signed up right before life here got crazy hectic.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Carol!! Missed YOU!
Okay so, A. you had a Ragdoll?! (awesome, I had one when I was a tweenager and, by far, BEST CAT EVER) and B. "Coco Chanel" Oh I knew I loved you!!! Perfect name for such a purrfect pet!

I may have to blog about this oneā€¦don't think Nokie's going to like this one (she hasnt' "gone" yet since I set it up)
I'll post on PetHelp how well/not so well it went.
Does PetHelp have a blog category? I haven't been on latelyā€¦I signed up right before life here got crazy hectic.

Missed you too, dear Laurie...lost my laptop in last week's storms & been using Son's.
Christine [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] is donating a laptop to me, arriving Thursday, grateful is an
understatement!

Once you have a Ragdoll, it's hard to want any other...she's on my profile page with
my 1st adopted bulldog, Brutus. They are keeping company in Heaven with Hubby.

Mourning the recent losses here has made me long for all my loves, gone too soon.

Big hugs to you & yours!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
After years of traditional and dome style litter boxes we switched to the top entry ones a few years ago and haven't looked back. The only issue is if you have a larger cat it can be uncomfortable for them to use.

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
When we had our girl, Kevin (lol) we looked at some litter boxes that were 2 level. They enter in the box, then have to go over to the side and down to get to the litter. They seemed very "dog eating cat poo" proof. I never got one, I just put the litter box in the bathroom with a gate up in that hallway. Keven could get over but the dogs couldn't.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
[MENTION=10681]Laurie[/MENTION] if she hasn't gone in the new box yet, drop her into it. We had to show our cat how to get in once just to let them know this was their place (new little and new box may be foreign)

OP
NewEnglandBully

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
@Laurie if she hasn't gone in the new box yet, drop her into it. We had to show our cat how to get in once just to let them know this was their place (new little and new box may be foreign)
She "went". My daughter hates the new litter, she said her room stunk right after the cat pooped. I can't tell if she peed yet, but I am assuming she has as there is no smell of cat urine around the house.
I guess I'll go back to the old kind of litter, I'm kind of bummed, I thought this stuff looked so cool and the man at the store said his customers LOVe it.

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
i too lost a great cat,(suzie) only a week after loosing my odie (bulldog).. you talk about tough times.. i love and miss them both dearly... then after my husband rescues another kitty from the pet store. (i know i shouldnt have went in there).. and now while my husband was out of town for a few days i get a visitor.. someone decides to drop off a yellow male cat.. hes very sweet.. he came back every evening for dinner.. of course he had a can of wet food, a bowl of dry food, and a few cat treats for dessert.. What!! dont judge me.. lol... just don't want him to go hungry..

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.