Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Some of y'all may remember that my Aussie mix rescue, Jack, had his heartworm treatment last winter. The vet rechecked him yesterday for adult worms and larvae and there aren't any! I was pretty sure his result would be negative, but I really got nervous on the way to the vet and while we were waiting for results! I am so relieved.

Jack has to be the sweetest dog ever. He is very calm and laid back and from day one he was wonderful with my toddler grandsons. He's about 2 years old and I often wonder what kind of life he had before he was picked up by Animal Control. I do know he had been hit by a car, because he had a luxated left hip. The SPCA took him from the Dallas Shelter and got surgery on his hip before we got him. The vet did x-Rays on his hips yesterday, just so we would have some pictures to refer to. Sometimes he limps a little after he gets up from a nap. They found everything looking good, except he has some very mild hip displaysia in his right side and some arthritis in the left. They also found a pellet on the x-Ray, so he was shot sometime in his life before we got him. I am so glad we have this guy--he is truly an angel!

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Effie (EB), Oliver (FB) & Annabel (FB)
It really makes you wonder what kind of life he had before you rescued him. Makes my heart break! My dad and step-mom have 2 Aussie mixed pups, and they are such sweet, loving dogs! Congrats to you and Jack on your wonderful news :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad to hear about your baby Jack… :drawheart:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Donna, this is such wonderful news. Both the negative results, and sweet Jack finally having a loving home. I have heard dogs live in the moment, so I always wonder if they remember their pasts. Either way give him lots of loving & hugs from us!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What great news --- so happy he is progressing and he has such a great home!

OP
Donnam

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Donna, this is such wonderful news. Both the negative results, and sweet Jack finally having a loving home. I have heard dogs live in the moment, so I always wonder if they remember their pasts. Either way give him lots of loving & hugs from us!

I have wondered the same thing, Jessica. I guess it would be a blessing not to remember a terrible past. He certainly is a happy guy now. I wish all homeless dogs could find homes where they are loved and cared for like Jack and Ty!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=13140]Donnam[/MENTION], when u adopted Jack was he heartworm positive already? He sounds like such a loving boy and sounds like he gives you so much joy.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I have wondered the same thing, Jessica. I guess it would be a blessing not to remember a terrible past. He certainly is a happy guy now. I wish all homeless dogs could find homes where they are loved and cared for like Jack and Ty!

Yeah, what brought it up is last night, Danny went to return a redbox, literally like gone 5 mins - when he came back, Tyson acted as if he had been gone for days, LOL

OP
Donnam

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
@Donnam, when u adopted Jack was he heartworm positive already? He sounds like such a loving boy and sounds like he gives you so much joy.

Yes he was Henny. He had a test when they got him in April which was negative, so we didn't think he was positive. He was taking heartworm preventative at the shelter and we continued it when we got him in August. We had him retested in October, just to make sure, and sure enough he was positive.:chapped:

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Jack has a Wonderful Family now that Love him so much and he Loves them so much. So Glad he is doing Great. Love and Kisses to this Sweetie Jack.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.