Run free Bleu...

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Last night I spoke to my father and Bleu was doing better. He was moving more normally and his appetite was back. This morning though I received a devastating phone call. Bleu was laying in the pasture and couldn't stand. He was struggling and panicking and seemed to be confused. My father rushed home from work and I left my job to start that direction. I live 2 hours away but I was determined to get there. About 20 minutes later my dad called me and told me that things were really bad. He was obviously suffering and was in a great deal of pain. The regular vet couldn't make it for another few hours and the other vet was out sick. Dad wanted to know what I wanted to do. Between the tears I told Daddy to go ahead and put him down. My father is skilled at putting down livestock and I knew that Bleu would not suffer. As badly as I wanted to be there, I couldn't make him hurt another minute just for my sake. I hung up the phone, pulled over my car, and sobbed. My entire family adored Bleu and I know that this was especially hard on my Dad. He is not a drinker but came in from burying him and asked my Mom for a stiff drink. There is a huge hole in my heart. Run free sweet boy...until we meet again. :*(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Olivia... I am so very sorry for you and your family, such a hard loss. Sorry you were not able to be there with him, but he knows you loved him more than anything.

Rest in Peace sweet Bleu... :hug:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Run free sweet Bleu. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry for your loss. Run free Bleu.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Rest in Peace, pain free sweet Bleu, and run around with all our beloved bullies that are up there waiting on us.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Olivia, I am so sorry to see this. I pray you can find peace with Bleus passing. You did a wonderful, kind thing by rescuing him and you showed him a life of love. Your pictures speak volumes of love. I can actually see the love between you and Bleu in them. Take comfort in knowing he is still with you in spirit. I don't believe that you can have the connection that you guys had and then it just goes away. He will always be with you.

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I am so sorry for your loss, I know it's tough but atleast he is no longer in pain. He knew you loved him from the moment you rescued him, you were an angel to him, and now he's an angel to you. You will meet again :heart:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Olivia, I'm so very sorry to hear this… but I want you to know that your precious Bleu felt your presence w/him in spirit, and he knows how much he was loved and cared for. I have lost many a beloved pet, and I have learned over the years that NO matter what happens here on earth they live within us in our hearts. Those precious memories that we carry with us that is the KEY… they are always w/us NO matter what. One day your tears will be replaced w/smiles and laughter as you remember happier times:hug: My sincerest condolences to you and your family…

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Terrible news, I'm so very sorry to hear it :(

My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family
as y'all grieve the tremendous loss of gorgeous Bleu.

OP
OliviaB

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Thank you for the kind words everyone. This has been one of the hardest days of my life. I've cried so much that I just feel numb now and completely empty. I know it will get easier and I know that we made the best decision for him, but it's still such a painful loss. :(

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your photos together are absolutely beautiful!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Im so sorry to hear this RIP sweet Bleu. your pictures of the two of you together are beautiful. So sorry for your loss.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.