ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I talked to the vet today about Roxie's results...

Her biopsy came back negative for cancer, but she did have colitis. Nothing that the vet said was unusual, something that does happen w/boxers… I never noticed her having bouts of diarrhea or vomiting. It would just happen occasionally and of course we figured it was from her meds.

Her necropsy on her brain revealed a mass… large enough to cause problems. She didn't bother sending it off to see if it was cancer, it wouldn't of mattered anyway.

So my baby girl died of a brain tumor… :*( It explains all the crazy behavior, weight loss, depression, etc… It also explains why the meds never seemed to work. She still had cushings and thyroid but I guess that was minimal compared to what was going on w/her brain. I feel bad… I should of just had an MRI done at the get-go, but I guess in the end it wouldn't of mattered anyway.

THANK YOU for all the continued support, and I started getting cards this week!!! You guys always have my back, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate and love you ALL!!! :heartsign:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Don't second guess or blame yourself, Tracey.

You've been thru a lot and still are, you are not
Super Woman (but close) and you can't control
& fix things like we wish too.

I've decided to give myself forgiveness for all the
many mistakes I've made these 2 years since Stuart
died...and...love myself anyway, imperfect & flawed.

I did the best I could under impossible circumstances,
that should be enough and same for you, Honey. It's
been hell and you know it! Roxie and each one of your
dogs had the best life ever and loved you unconditionally.
We should copy that ;)

Cami & I send love & hope to you.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well at least you know now what it was, and like you said, the outcome would be the same either way. May she rest in peace.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Thanks for sharing those results with us Tracey. You certainly should not feel bad about anything--you did a wonderful job taking care of Roxie! Cancer is sometimes so hard to diagnose in our babies. I sometimes feel bad about having the MRI on Lily to diagnose her cancer. Some boxer people recommended that we not do the MRI because it wouldn't change her situation, and it didn't. It wouldn't have made a difference for Roxie either.

You're still in my thoughts every day. I know how much you miss her!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Don't second guess or blame yourself, Tracey.

You've been thru a lot and still are, you are not
Super Woman (but close) and you can't control
& fix things like we wish too.

I've decided to give myself forgiveness for all the
many mistakes I've made these 2 years since Stuart
died...and...love myself anyway, imperfect & flawed.

I did the best I could under impossible circumstances,
that should be enough and same for you, Honey. It's
been hell and you know it! Roxie and each one of your
dogs had the best life ever and loved you unconditionally.
We should copy that ;)

Cami & I send love & hope to you.

Thanks hon… I'm not blaming myself, just trying to educate myself and anyone else on here. Unfortunately cushings & brain tumor symptoms are VERY similar, it's extremely hard to differentiate the two. She was too sick to handle radiation treatments even if we would have known, and honestly it wouldn't of bought her that much time. I had a long talk w/the vet… you have to decide at what point quality of life is diminishing. I just hope that my experience can help someone out there…

I'm tired of losing my babies… it's wearing me down :( I keep hoping that things will get better, but I'm not so sure anymore.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for sharing those results with us Tracey. You certainly should not feel bad about anything--you did a wonderful job taking care of Roxie! Cancer is sometimes so hard to diagnose in our babies. I sometimes feel bad about having the MRI on Lily to diagnose her cancer. Some boxer people recommended that we not do the MRI because it wouldn't change her situation, and it didn't. It wouldn't have made a difference for Roxie either.

You're still in my thoughts every day. I know how much you miss her!

You are SO right about the MRI… it wouldn't have changed a thing. She was so sick at that point, I don't even know if she could of survived having it done… My heart breaks for you and your precious Lily, I know how much this hurts :( Hopefully our babies are having a joyous time on the bridge!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I know this does not make your loss any easier. It does reinforce the fact that you did the right thing,the best thing that you could have done for beautiful Roxie.
You do not have to question whether or not you did the right thing.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHi Tracey, I agree with everyone, you did the best you could for Roxie, you were a great mama to her, and she knew you loved her. She had a great life with you, and you made the right decision for her in the end. MRI, radiation, chemo none of those would have changed anything or prolonged her life, the only thing that made a difference to her life was your love and care you gave her in the end. Please don't blame yourself, she is free from pain and sickness, and by sharing your experience, someone else will benefit from it. I'm so sorry for your loss Hun, may she RIP.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
You can only do what's best for your baby with the knowledge you have at the moment....that's life. Even though loosing them hurts like hell, they bring so much joy in to our lifes that our lifes would be so much less without them.:hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hug: :angelheart:

This totally reinforces that you did everything in your power to help your sweet girl.... it is so hard to know at times, but you shared a wonderful life together for many years and you did right by her every day of her life

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
You know and well and I do, that you did everything in your power to help Roxie. She and Mickey are having fun, running and playing with all of the other bullies and I know she sends her love to you and waits for you at the bridge.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online