ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Last night was tough… she paced ALL NIGHT LONG!!! At 2am I heard a fall and ran out into the living room… Lily was STILL up :stinkeye: and Roxie was trying to follow her upstairs. I just left the bedroom door open so she made a trail around the living area and the bedroom. This morning I had to force a prednisone down her throat, and 4 syringes of water. She is refusing any food, although I did get a couple of teaspoons down her last night. I don't even know if she's going to make it till the biopsy results come back :*(

I had a long talk w/the hubby last night… her quality of life is obviously diminished considerably this past week. We talked about how this may have been going on for some time… it seems that since this past summer, she just hasn't been her ol' self. Even my pet sitter had noticed it… she's been depressed. We chalked it up to old age, and arthritis but now I'm thinking it was something worse. Funny how sometimes we just HOPE for something SO bad that we make it seems ok in our minds, when our hearts know better. I will talk to the vet and see what her opinion is at this point… I can't let her suffer any longer.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I am thinking of you everyday. You will know the right thing to do when the time comes. I am so sorry you guys are going through this.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry you're going through this with Roxie, this is so heartbreaking. I know what this is doing to you, I lost my 14 year old Jack Russell Oreo 3 years ago, she had cancer. We want to do the best we can for our babies, and want to keep them as long as we can, but we also don't want to see them be sick or in pain or suffer. I know you will do what is best for Roxie and you will do it out of love for her. All we can do is love and cherish our lives with our pets, and when the time comes to say goodbye, make every moment count, keep her comfortable, and make memories of her, and take some family pictures with her.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go. :assurred: :heart:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
So sorry hon. Continued prayers for you both. These stinkers mean so much to us. It's hard to see them ill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
My heart breaks for you in this moment. There are no words. All I can say is that we're sending you all the love, hugs, prayers we have.... The love you have for her is undeniable, she is lucky to have you as her mama. xoxo.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Any more news? I'm sure you've already posted this but when will you get the results back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Thinking of you, Tracey, and Roxie. You always do the best for your babies.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I should get the results anytime NOW… it seems to be taking forever. Regardless of the results at this point, I'm afraid that its time to let her go :cry: I'm down to giving her chicken broth in a syringe and giving her prednisone & pepcid to keep her calm. She did sleep last night, which was a first… and she does not seem to be in a lot of pain, no whimpering or crying out.

Between my crying fits and the sinus infection that still seems to be lingering, I think that I bruised a rib… it's extremely sore, no bruising though. I have a doctor's appointment on Friday, so I will be seen by that point.

I'm staying home today to be with her, and waiting for the vet to call. I'll keep you guys posted...

THANK you so much for all your support, it means a lot to me and my girl right now :drawheart:

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Love to you Tracey and Sweet Roxy, I Pray she will recover, I am Praying for Sweet Roxie.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
my heart hurts for you, tracey. you shouldn't have to go through this just a year after winston.. just not fair.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
my heart hurts for you, tracey. you shouldn't have to go through this just a year after winston.. just not fair.

Thank you… I agree, this isn't fair :( Roxie has lived a VERY long life for a boxer… at least I don't feel like she was cheated. I just wish that I could of bought her more time...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you… I agree, this isn't fair :( Roxie has lived a VERY long life for a boxer… at least I don't feel like she was cheated. I just wish that I could of bought her more time...

:cry: you've done so good by her -- she is a great girl that has a fantastic Momma!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I made the decision last night to bring Roxie in this morning to be put to sleep… :cry: Yesterday she was refusing the syringes of chicken broth, and she was stumbling all over the house determined to walk. She is favoring one side and it's throwing off her balance… I'm honestly afraid she's going to fall and bust her stitches or worse. Last night I made a bed on the floor in the living room so I could lay right next to her… she would wake up every couple of hours whimpering and trying to get up. I also thought she was going to have a seizure at one point her body started shaking so badly…

I can't let her suffer any longer… there is no telling how long she has had this tumor, or been in pain. She would never even survive chemo at this point, she's ready to go home. And I've got to find the strength to do this, and I will… been thru it many times before unfortunately. Lily is staying home from school and coming with me so I won't be alone. I don't want her to be afraid of death, it's a part of life...

Please pray for my family, and for my baby girl… she is ready to go home… :*(

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.