brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Although we don't have dthis bed we have one very similar to it.

It's called a memory foam orthopedic bed shape the exact same way.

The inside is almost a egg crate looking.

Orion tore it apart

We once had an ortho bed. It lasted maybe one half hour!

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I'm sure it's not a UTI. It was the first time she'd peed in the house in a couple of weeks. She also went in Jack's crate one time and peed in there. She likes Jack's crate better than hers because, well, because it's Jack's! Non of my past bullies would have ever dreamed of peeing on a bed or in a crate--guess I drew the black bean this time.

Take care of sweet Roxie. Enjoy those boxer hugs while you have them. I miss Lily's boxer hugs so much.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Oh I'm glad to hear some feedback on the bed, and UGH the hubby told me NOT to get the waterproof linerā€¦ I'm sure we will regret that. I'm so glad that Jack is responding well to his treatment, my girl Roxie was just diagnosed w/cushings along w/thyroid, neck spur and arthritis. She actually does pretty good, but the mornings are hard on her and she goes to bed early. I just want her to be comfortable.

Dogs will pee on things for no reasonā€¦ if you can rule out a UTI, then assume it's a behavioral thing. Maybe Winnie wanted to claim it before Jack got to itā€¦ Lol

I forgot to say that you probably won't need the waterproof liner if you're confident that your dogs won't pee on them. I'm sure Winnie just did it because she's so young and her little pea brain's not so developed!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm sure it's not a UTI. It was the first time she'd peed in the house in a couple of weeks. She also went in Jack's crate one time and peed in there. She likes Jack's crate better than hers because, well, because it's Jack's! Non of my past bullies would have ever dreamed of peeing on a bed or in a crate--guess I drew the black bean this time.

Take care of sweet Roxie. Enjoy those boxer hugs while you have them. I miss Lily's boxer hugs so much.

LMAO!!! Bullies have a mind of their own, it's hard to say what sets them off sometimes...

I'm so sorry to hear about your boxer baby Lily :( Boxers are a VERY sweet breed, and Roxie is MY girlā€¦ :heart:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I forgot to say that you probably won't need the waterproof liner if you're confident that your dogs won't pee on them. I'm sure Winnie just did it because she's so young and her little pea brain's not so developed!

Well one of the main effects of cushings is excessive drinking and of course excessive peeingā€¦ I know that she's not doing it on purpose, but she may leak in her sleep :(

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Well one of the main effects of cushings is excessive drinking and of course excessive peeingā€¦ I know that she's not doing it on purpose, but she may leak in her sleep :(

Tracey, if Roxie ever reaches the point that she needs a diaper at night for that reason, let me know. When Lily was sick she had to wear them 24/7 and I found some "tinkle trousers" that work so much better than doggie diapers or the panties you get at the pet store. I'd be happy to send mine to you. Lily only used them for 3 weeks. You can google tinkle trousers to see them.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tracey, if Roxie ever reaches the point that she needs a diaper at night for that reason, let me know. When Lily was sick she had to wear them 24/7 and I found some "tinkle trousers" that work so much better than doggie diapers or the panties you get at the pet store. I'd be happy to send mine to you. Lily only used them for 3 weeks. You can google tinkle trousers to see them.

I will keep that in mind, THANK you so much!!! :w00t:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I looked into heated beds, and I decided on this orthopedic bed. The dogs body heat will keep this bed warm, I figured that Wally would get electrocuted trying to eat the bedā€¦ LMAO!!!

:rofl: Wally has a bad rap!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:rofl: Wally has a bad rap!

Well I do have ONE positive thing, for SOME reason he could CARELESS about the Christmas TREE!!! SO far so goodā€¦ LMAO!!! :w00t:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Well I do have ONE positive thing, for SOME reason he could CARELESS about the Christmas TREE!!! SO far so goodā€¦ LMAO!!! :w00t:

"How I Can Drive My Mommy Crazy" by Walter. Tis the season to be jolly and what has my mommy got for us in the house? A beautiful Christmas tree adorned in all of its glory. Shiny bulbs and ornaments, the beautiful flickering lights look as if they are stars on a heavenly night. Walter is eyeing the tree while singing Oh Tenenbaum Oh Tenenbaum and then says...I wonder what would happen if...............CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Walter. Be a good boy.

Be especially patient with your humans during this time. They may appear to be more stressed-out than usual. They may come home with large bags of things they call gifts. Do not assume that all the gifts are yours. Be tolerant if your humans put decorations on you. They seem to get some special kind of pleasure out of seeing how dogs look with fake antlers. Crazy.
The Christmas Tree:
They may bring a large tree into the house and set it up in a prominent place and cover it with lights and decorations. Bizarre as this may seem to you, it is an important ritual for your humans, so here are some things canines need to know:

• Don't pee on the tree.
  • Don't drink water in the container that holds the tree.
  • Mind your tail when you are near the tree.
  • If there are packages under the tree, even ones that smell interesting or that have your name on them, don't rip them open.
  • Don't chew on the cord that runs from the funny-looking hole in the wall to the tree.
Discretion
Your humans may occasionally invite lots of strangers to come visit during this season. These parties can be lots of fun, but they also call for some discretion on the part of we dogs:

• Not all strangers appreciate kisses.
  • Do not eat off the buffet table.
  • Beg for goodies by all means but do it........ subtly. [h=6] Ī˜[/h]
  • Be pleasant, even if unknowing strangers sit on your sofa.
  • Don't drink out of glasses that are left within your reach.
Manners:
Likewise, your humans may take you visiting at Christmas. Here your manners will also be important:

• Respect the territory of other animals that may live in the house.
  • Tolerate children.
  • Turn on your charm big time.
  • A big man with a white beard and a very loud laugh may emerge from your fireplace in the middle of the night. Do not bite him.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"How I Can Drive My Mommy Crazy" by Walter. Tis the season to be jolly and what has my mommy got for us in the house? A beautiful Christmas tree adorned in all of its glory. Shiny bulbs and ornaments, the beautiful flickering lights look as if they are stars on a heavenly night. Walter is eyeing the tree while singing Oh Tenenbaum Oh Tenenbaum and then says...I wonder what would happen if...............CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Walter. Be a good boy.

Be especially patient with your humans during this time. They may appear to be more stressed-out than usual. They may come home with large bags of things they call gifts. Do not assume that all the gifts are yours. Be tolerant if your humans put decorations on you. They seem to get some special kind of pleasure out of seeing how dogs look with fake antlers. Crazy.
The Christmas Tree:
They may bring a large tree into the house and set it up in a prominent place and cover it with lights and decorations. Bizarre as this may seem to you, it is an important ritual for your humans, so here are some things canines need to know:

• Don't pee on the tree.
  • Don't drink water in the container that holds the tree.
  • Mind your tail when you are near the tree.
  • If there are packages under the tree, even ones that smell interesting or that have your name on them, don't rip them open.
  • Don't chew on the cord that runs from the funny-looking hole in the wall to the tree.
Discretion
Your humans may occasionally invite lots of strangers to come visit during this season. These parties can be lots of fun, but they also call for some discretion on the part of we dogs:

• Not all strangers appreciate kisses.
  • Do not eat off the buffet table.
  • Beg for goodies by all means but do it........ subtly. Ī˜
  • Be pleasant, even if unknowing strangers sit on your sofa.
  • Don't drink out of glasses that are left within your reach.
Manners:
Likewise, your humans may take you visiting at Christmas. Here your manners will also be important:

• Respect the territory of other animals that may live in the house.
  • Tolerate children.
  • Turn on your charm big time.
  • A big man with a white beard and a very loud laugh may emerge from your fireplace in the middle of the night. Do not bite him.

First of all I MUST sayā€¦ this is AWESOME!!! :christmas17:

WE have a 9ft artificial monster, because of MY allergiesā€¦ so Wally can forget that whole "real tree" experienceā€¦ Lol BUT I did catch him sleeping under the tree last nightā€¦ momma hasn't started wrapping yet, MY BAD!!! :spank: He defiantly has the begging DOWN (especially w/Mae Mae his grandmotherā€¦ Lol). I'm NOT sure about him & my grandson Marcus, they have a LOVE/HATE thing going on right now and last night I was ready to strangle both of themā€¦ Lol AND as you saw in the pics, Wally seems fine w/Santa. Especially ones that look stoned or drunkā€¦ LMAO!!! :christmas19:

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Tracey, I have a Big Barker bed, my Chihuahua loves it, so it is her bed. I have the plastic cover under the fabric to protect it. I Really like this bed. I have not let Elmo use it yet, he rips stuff up, so I am giving him a while before I order another one just for him.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tracey, I have a Big Barker bed, my Chihuahua loves it, so it is her bed. I have the plastic cover under the fabric to protect it. I Really like this bed. I have not let Elmo use it yet, he rips stuff up, so I am giving him a while before I order another one just for him.

I would so LOVE to see a pic of your Chihuahua on this ENORMOUS BEDā€¦ Lol We just got it last night, and Roxie has been laying on it ever since :w00t: I will have to post some pics, I'm SO EXCITED that she loves her Christmas Present!!! Lol

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I would so LOVE to see a pic of your Chihuahua on this ENORMOUS BEDā€¦ Lol We just got it last night, and Roxie has been laying on it ever since :w00t: I will have to post some pics, I'm SO EXCITED that she loves her Christmas Present!!! Lol

Roxie girl is comfy. Nice to ear.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So happy that
Roxie likes her Christmas gift!! If you need a waterproof under the cover-you could get a crib mattress waterproof cover to put under the cover.It would be cheaper than the one meant for her bed. Hope she starts feeling better soon!

Most Reactions