ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Roxie just got her first dose of the Vetoryl today, and she did okay… she had bad gas (which I pretty much expected) BUT then she started shivering later this evening :( I sent a text to the vet, and I got some feedback on the cushings page that this was expected. I honestly think that she was cold, so Lily got on the couch w/her and a blanket & it stopped!!!

Anyhoo I started telling Ray that Roxie needed a heated orthopedic bed for Christmas… WELL after some searching I decided on the Big Barker Bed. This is the mother-of-all orthopedic beds, it has a 10 year guarantee on the mattress. The reviews on Amazon were 5 star across the board, it's expensive BUT nothing is too good for my baby girl. If this makes her comfortable while she's dealing w/all this HELL than I'm happy!!!

Has anyone on here gotten the Big Barker Bed? I was curious as to what your opinions are… :ponder:

41ajkEna3yL.jpg headrest-edition.jpg I got her the dark chocolate one… I'm sure that Walter will be laying on it too!!! Lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That looks super cozy!!! I bet you could lay on it too!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Wow, that's an awesome looking bed. I haven't heard of it but if it got such high ratings on Amazon, I'd be sold on it too. Roxie is lucky to have parents like you guys and I'm sure it will bring her great comfort!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
That looks super cozy!!! I bet you could lay on it too!

One of the comments said that his kids would lay on it w/the dog to watch TV together!!! Lol

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow, that's an awesome looking bed. I haven't heard of it but if it got such high ratings on Amazon, I'd be sold on it too. Roxie is lucky to have parents like you guys and I'm sure it will bring her great comfort!

She's having a hard time getting up in the morning… she is tall and lanky for a boxer. I just thought she would like this, and hopefully it will help her get some rest at night. I can SO see Walter sleeping on this thing too… Lol

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
OH that is a very nice gift!!!!
Brutus and Ruthie would LOVE that bed.

I hope it keeps her nice, cozy and comfy!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
That's a great bed. If it is heated make sure WallyGator doesn't eat the wires in it!!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
The bed sounds great for your baby; however, Walter has been sending vibes that he might try to eat it. So mommy beware.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's a great bed. If it is heated make sure WallyGator doesn't eat the wires in it!!

I looked into heated beds, and I decided on this orthopedic bed. The dogs body heat will keep this bed warm, I figured that Wally would get electrocuted trying to eat the bed… LMAO!!!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The bed sounds great for your baby; however, Walter has been sending vibes that he might try to eat it. So mommy beware.

LMAO!!! They put in their advertising that the design of the bed is to discourage eating it, NO binding around the edges… I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!! Lol

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
LMAO!!! They put in their advertising that the design of the bed is to discourage eating it, NO binding around the edges… I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!! Lol

Although we don't have this bed we have one very similar to it.

It's called a memory foam orthopedic bed shaped the exact same way.

The inside is almost egg crate looking.

Orion tore it apart

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Although we don't have dthis bed we have one very similar to it.

It's called a memory foam orthopedic bed shape the exact same way.

The inside is almost a egg crate looking.

Orion tore it apart

:( I REALLY hope Wally will leave this one alone… Lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I looked into heated beds, and I decided on this orthopedic bed. The dogs body heat will keep this bed warm, I figured that Wally would get electrocuted trying to eat the bed… LMAO!!!

Good call!!! :rofl:

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I just got a Big Barker crate pad to go in Jack's crate. Jack has had surgery on his hip and before he started his heartworm treatment, I noticed that when he got out of his crate he was stiff and limping a little. I was afraid his hip would bother him more once he started treatment and had to spend more time in the crate. The Big Barker crate pad seems to help a lot.

On the up side, regarding Jack's heartworm treatment, we're into his second week and he has had no complications at all. And I have been pleasantly surprised that I don't really need to crate him all the time. Part of the reason is that he's such a laid back guy, he doesn't run around on his own. I do put him in the crate when Winnie goes on her tears around the house, but other than that, he's able to be out of the crate.

Before I found the Big Barker beds, I bought another orthopedic bed that looks a lot like the Big Barker. Winnie likes it better than Jack, so much that she peed on it the other day--ugh! I had bought the waterproof layer, but hadn't put in on yet. So, I would recommend getting the waterproof cover too. She's doing so well with her house training--why would she do that?!?!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I just got a Big Barker crate pad to go in Jack's crate. Jack has had surgery on his hip and before he started his heartworm treatment, I noticed that when he got out of his crate he was stiff and limping a little. I was afraid his hip would bother him more once he started treatment and had to spend more time in the crate. The Big Barker crate pad seems to help a lot.

On the up side, regarding Jack's heartworm treatment, we're into his second week and he has had no complications at all. And I have been pleasantly surprised that I don't really need to crate him all the time. Part of the reason is that he's such a laid back guy, he doesn't run around on his own. I do put him in the crate when Winnie goes on her tears around the house, but other than that, he's able to be out of the crate.

Before I found the Big Barker beds, I bought another orthopedic bed that looks a lot like the Big Barker. Winnie likes it better than Jack, so much that she peed on it the other day--ugh! I had bought the waterproof layer, but hadn't put in on yet. So, I would recommend getting the waterproof cover too. She's doing so well with her house training--why would she do that?!?!

Oh I'm glad to hear some feedback on the bed, and UGH the hubby told me NOT to get the waterproof liner… I'm sure we will regret that. I'm so glad that Jack is responding well to his treatment, my girl Roxie was just diagnosed w/cushings along w/thyroid, neck spur and arthritis. She actually does pretty good, but the mornings are hard on her and she goes to bed early. I just want her to be comfortable.

Dogs will pee on things for no reason… if you can rule out a UTI, then assume it's a behavioral thing. Maybe Winnie wanted to claim it before Jack got to it… Lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.