USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Roxie's Christmas GIFT...

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I looked into heated beds, and I decided on this orthopedic bed. The dogs body heat will keep this bed warm, I figured that Wally would get electrocuted trying to eat the bed… LMAO!!!
    Good call!!!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

I just got a Big Barker crate pad to go in Jack's crate. Jack has had surgery on his hip and before he started his heartworm treatment, I noticed that when he got out of his crate he was stiff and limping a little. I was afraid his hip would bother him more once he started treatment and had to spend more time in the crate. The Big Barker crate pad seems to help a lot.

On the up side, regarding Jack's heartworm treatment, we're into his second week and he has had no complications at all. And I have been pleasantly surprised that I don't really need to crate him all the time. Part of the reason is that he's such a laid back guy, he doesn't run around on his own. I do put him in the crate when Winnie goes on her tears around the house, but other than that, he's able to be out of the crate.

Before I found the Big Barker beds, I bought another orthopedic bed that looks a lot like the Big Barker. Winnie likes it better than Jack, so much that she peed on it the other day--ugh! I had bought the waterproof layer, but hadn't put in on yet. So, I would recommend getting the waterproof cover too. She's doing so well with her house training--why would she do that?!?!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Donnam View Post
    I just got a Big Barker crate pad to go in Jack's crate. Jack has had surgery on his hip and before he started his heartworm treatment, I noticed that when he got out of his crate he was stiff and limping a little. I was afraid his hip would bother him more once he started treatment and had to spend more time in the crate. The Big Barker crate pad seems to help a lot.

On the up side, regarding Jack's heartworm treatment, we're into his second week and he has had no complications at all. And I have been pleasantly surprised that I don't really need to crate him all the time. Part of the reason is that he's such a laid back guy, he doesn't run around on his own. I do put him in the crate when Winnie goes on her tears around the house, but other than that, he's able to be out of the crate.

Before I found the Big Barker beds, I bought another orthopedic bed that looks a lot like the Big Barker. Winnie likes it better than Jack, so much that she peed on it the other day--ugh! I had bought the waterproof layer, but hadn't put in on yet. So, I would recommend getting the waterproof cover too. She's doing so well with her house training--why would she do that?!?!
    Oh I'm glad to hear some feedback on the bed, and UGH the hubby told me NOT to get the waterproof liner… I'm sure we will regret that. I'm so glad that Jack is responding well to his treatment, my girl Roxie was just diagnosed w/cushings along w/thyroid, neck spur and arthritis. She actually does pretty good, but the mornings are hard on her and she goes to bed early. I just want her to be comfortable.

Dogs will pee on things for no reason… if you can rule out a UTI, then assume it's a behavioral thing. Maybe Winnie wanted to claim it before Jack got to it… Lol

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    Although we don't have dthis bed we have one very similar to it.

It's called a memory foam orthopedic bed shape the exact same way.

The inside is almost a egg crate looking.

Orion tore it apart
    We once had an ortho bed. It lasted maybe one half hour!
    My smooshy face boy!

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

I'm sure it's not a UTI. It was the first time she'd peed in the house in a couple of weeks. She also went in Jack's crate one time and peed in there. She likes Jack's crate better than hers because, well, because it's Jack's! Non of my past bullies would have ever dreamed of peeing on a bed or in a crate--guess I drew the black bean this time.

Take care of sweet Roxie. Enjoy those boxer hugs while you have them. I miss Lily's boxer hugs so much.

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Oh I'm glad to hear some feedback on the bed, and UGH the hubby told me NOT to get the waterproof liner… I'm sure we will regret that. I'm so glad that Jack is responding well to his treatment, my girl Roxie was just diagnosed w/cushings along w/thyroid, neck spur and arthritis. She actually does pretty good, but the mornings are hard on her and she goes to bed early. I just want her to be comfortable.

Dogs will pee on things for no reason… if you can rule out a UTI, then assume it's a behavioral thing. Maybe Winnie wanted to claim it before Jack got to it… Lol
    I forgot to say that you probably won't need the waterproof liner if you're confident that your dogs won't pee on them. I'm sure Winnie just did it because she's so young and her little pea brain's not so developed!

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I'm sure it's not a UTI. It was the first time she'd peed in the house in a couple of weeks. She also went in Jack's crate one time and peed in there. She likes Jack's crate better than hers because, well, because it's Jack's! Non of my past bullies would have ever dreamed of peeing on a bed or in a crate--guess I drew the black bean this time.

Take care of sweet Roxie. Enjoy those boxer hugs while you have them. I miss Lily's boxer hugs so much.
    LMAO!!! Bullies have a mind of their own, it's hard to say what sets them off sometimes...

I'm so sorry to hear about your boxer baby Lily Boxers are a VERY sweet breed, and Roxie is MY girl…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I forgot to say that you probably won't need the waterproof liner if you're confident that your dogs won't pee on them. I'm sure Winnie just did it because she's so young and her little pea brain's not so developed!
    Well one of the main effects of cushings is excessive drinking and of course excessive peeing… I know that she's not doing it on purpose, but she may leak in her sleep

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Well one of the main effects of cushings is excessive drinking and of course excessive peeing… I know that she's not doing it on purpose, but she may leak in her sleep
    Tracey, if Roxie ever reaches the point that she needs a diaper at night for that reason, let me know. When Lily was sick she had to wear them 24/7 and I found some "tinkle trousers" that work so much better than doggie diapers or the panties you get at the pet store. I'd be happy to send mine to you. Lily only used them for 3 weeks. You can google tinkle trousers to see them.

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Tracey, if Roxie ever reaches the point that she needs a diaper at night for that reason, let me know. When Lily was sick she had to wear them 24/7 and I found some "tinkle trousers" that work so much better than doggie diapers or the panties you get at the pet store. I'd be happy to send mine to you. Lily only used them for 3 weeks. You can google tinkle trousers to see them.
    I will keep that in mind, THANK you so much!!!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I looked into heated beds, and I decided on this orthopedic bed. The dogs body heat will keep this bed warm, I figured that Wally would get electrocuted trying to eat the bed… LMAO!!!

Wally has a bad rap!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Wally has a bad rap!
    Well I do have ONE positive thing, for SOME reason he could CARELESS about the Christmas TREE!!! SO far so good… LMAO!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads