SO last night w/Roxie...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
SERIOUSLY!!! I have to research the food for ROXIE TOO!!! This is ridiculous, I'm so glad that my vet mentioned that to me because I assumed that since it was Orijen it would be the perfect food for her. NOW I don't know what to do?!! Food wise that is… She's still going to run the blood test because obviously SOMETHING is going on, but geesh…

Obviously, someone, somewhere things you have absolutely nothing to do and need to have a list of things to do and worry about -- you really need to talk to that person, who ever they may be

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I JUST got home…
Well she did a urine test, NO UTI… she did a blood sugar test to check diabetes and that was normal. SO here is the protocol for now… we are stopping the thyroid meds to see if maybe her body is super sensitive to the meds. It is a possibility… her weight in Oct was 72 lbs. and today is was 66 lbs. so that's a bit excessive. She took another blood sample to see if possibly she has cushings disease. It's an endocrine disorder, and Roxie DOES have several symptoms of it. Also I have to check her sodium level of her new food… Orijen senior. She told me that sometimes food that have fish in them does not necessarily mean fresh-water fish, and if it isn't then of course there is a concern that salt-water fish would add more sodium to the food. Which would explain the excessive drinking and peeing… Roxie got a shot of antibiotic to make her feel a little bit better, but we are just waiting on test results. Monday she will let me know if she needs to the FULL cushings test on her, and she will have to stay w/her for the day. If she does have cushings it can be controlled by medicine, and there are several options to choose from. I just want my baby girl to feel better :(

Sweet roxie. I hope she gets better soon!

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
We cut Roxie down to one pill a day, in the morning… I actually noticed her jumping around in the backyard the other day!!! I guess it's finally getting in her system… I know it can take some time. Roxie has some thin areas of hair, but nothing super noticeable… she just has so many things going on right now, and I'm not sure if it's all related to thyroid or not?!! :unsure:

Have you noticed a lot of improvement in Bazza since you started the thyroid meds?

Bazza seems to be going really good on the tablets now, It is always abit of a guessing game, I wondered whethr the diarrhea was the tabs or just a coincidence. But we are all good on 1 1/2 tab move up to 2 tabs in a few weeks. My hubby thinks Bazza has alittle more energy but I would not have picked that up, I think he is losing weight.

Keep us informed with Roxie, it just so hard to know what is causing what. Thinking of you xx

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Bazza seems to be going really good on the tablets now, It is always abit of a guessing game, I wondered whethr the diarrhea was the tabs or just a coincidence. But we are all good on 1 1/2 tab move up to 2 tabs in a few weeks. My hubby thinks Bazza has alittle more energy but I would not have picked that up, I think he is losing weight.

Keep us informed with Roxie, it just so hard to know what is causing what. Thinking of you xx

She said that we may have to be VERY slowly on the thyroid pills for her too… but right now we have stopped it. I switched her food out, but she is STILL drinking a lot of water… Weight loss normally means that the thyroid is OVER active, so sometimes that can mean they are getting TOO much thyroid med.

I'm frustrated as well because last week I saw her jumping around in the backyard, and now we are at square one… :(

I'm glad to hear that Bazza is on the right track… you know I meant to tell you that it takes awhile for their hair to grow back.

Most Reactions