Real Name
    Andrea
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bazza
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: SO last night w/Roxie...

@ddnene sorry to hear about Roxie. How many tablets for the Thyroid is she having now?? We have had to take it really slow with Bazza, I googled about thyroid tabs and could not find bad reactions.
    But I disagree with that, When on two tabs, Baz was a different dog and diarrhea , I do believe it was the meds. So we did 1/2 tab only , then 1/2 tab morn and night, NOW we are up to 1/2 tab in morning and 1 full tab at night. All going well. Except his fur is quite bad, big bald patches everywhere.

It is harder for you because Roxie is so much older and things will effect them in different ways, Bazza is not even 3 years old.

How is she going now ??
    I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

So sorry for poor Roxie. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Donnam View Post
    Tracey, I lost my boxer Lily in August. I almost hate to post this--I'm sure it's not Roxie's problem, but Lily's first symptom of the tumor in her spine was peeing in the house. Of course we didn't know it was cancer at first, we just thought she was getting older. Had her tested for UTI and she did have some bacteria in her urine, so we gave her antibiotics. Anyway, she began slowly losing bladder control and her back left foot was pointing in. We took her for digital x-Rays which showed a little arthritis in her back. Bladder control worsened, then bowel control started going. Then an MRI showed the tumor inside her spine. We finally ended up putting her to sleep, because there was no chance of her getting any better (she was having a lot of trouble walking on her back legs by this time). I miss her every day.

I have had 6 boxers through the years and have lost 4 of them to cancer, so cancer is the thing I worry about the most. I think the stat is 49% of boxers die of cancer.

Well, like I said, I'm sure this isn't what Roxie has, but it may be a thing to watch out for. I hope Roxie gets better soon. Boxers are angels on earth!
    Attachment 80684
    Sorry I must of missed this post yesterday… I'm very well aware of the cancer issues w/boxers, and PLEASE don't be afraid to say anything in regards to this. I'm a realist, and I know how things may end up w/her… I'm very sorry to hear about your Lily The vet had done a senior panel on her a couple of weeks ago just to see how her blood looks, and she said that everything was fine except of course her thyroid was extremely low. I'm sure an x-ray will be our next step if this gets worse, or if she doesn't show up w/a UTI.

Boxers are amazing dogs… you are super lucky to have had so many of them!!! Hugs to you and your family

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    @ddnene sorry to hear about Roxie. How many tablets for the Thyroid is she having now?? We have had to take it really slow with Bazza, I googled about thyroid tabs and could not find bad reactions.
    But I disagree with that, When on two tabs, Baz was a different dog and diarrhea , I do believe it was the meds. So we did 1/2 tab only , then 1/2 tab morn and night, NOW we are up to 1/2 tab in morning and 1 full tab at night. All going well. Except his fur is quite bad, big bald patches everywhere.

It is harder for you because Roxie is so much older and things will effect them in different ways, Bazza is not even 3 years old.

How is she going now ??
    We cut Roxie down to one pill a day, in the morning… I actually noticed her jumping around in the backyard the other day!!! I guess it's finally getting in her system… I know it can take some time. Roxie has some thin areas of hair, but nothing super noticeable… she just has so many things going on right now, and I'm not sure if it's all related to thyroid or not?!!

Have you noticed a lot of improvement in Bazza since you started the thyroid meds?

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama @cali baker @brutus77 @Manydogs

I JUST realized that I forgot to mention that I switched her dog food too… She was having horrid gas and loose stools on the Earthborne like all of the sudden, so I switched her to Orijen Senior slowly. I'm guessing that the new food COULD be the reason for the increased thirst, and then of course the peeing in the house. I've got too much going on these last two weeks w/my kids… and I'm NOT thinking straight, I feel like a complete idiot

My vet isn't in today, but she will be there on Friday so I'm going to take her in. Do you think that they will be able to conclude that this peeing is related to food, thyroid or a UTI?!! GOD help me…

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

well they can rule out UTI pretty easily, but as far as telling between food or meds might prove to be a little more difficult. You may have to go back to her old food until the meds are regulated.
    My smooshy face boy!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

I've been feeling bad about my post yesterday--it seemed so negative, and you're worried enough as it is! I hope Roxie is better soon. I take thyroid meds and I think I recall the meds taking a month or 6 weeks to show results, don't know if it's the same for dogs. I'm sending positive thoughts to you and Roxie today!

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I've been feeling bad about my post yesterday--it seemed so negative, and you're worried enough as it is! I hope Roxie is better soon. I take thyroid meds and I think I recall the meds taking a month or 6 weeks to show results, don't know if it's the same for dogs. I'm sending positive thoughts to you and Roxie today!
    No worries Donna, we invite all information here. Anything is helpful when trying to figure out what is wrong. You are just speaking from experience and it is appreciated.
    My smooshy face boy!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    well they can rule out UTI pretty easily, but as far as telling between food or meds might prove to be a little more difficult. You may have to go back to her old food until the meds are regulated.

agreed ^^^^ I do not know much about thyroid to say, but I know the food can definitely casue thirst
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Oh PLEASE don't feel bad… I'm glad that you told me what happened w/your baby. I'm a worrier anyway, I've had the C word on my mind before I read your post. Information is so VITAL these days w/dogs, especially since they can't "tell" us what is wrong. I can use all the info I can get, and I really appreciate it!!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

I know everyone with boxers worries about the Big C all the time. That's why we rush to the vet for any lump or bump we find! I have a friend who has Goldens and they are in the same boat. Thanks, I don't feel quite ​so bad now. I just wanted you to know what my experience was. The thing was with Lily, there wasn't anything we could have done about it even if we had known what it was much earlier. Keep us posted on Roxie!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Aw Tracey I'm sorry things are so busy right now I don't know anything about the medicine but I just wanted to jump in with a . There can be so many reasons why she Pees in the house, most of them not serious.

It has happened that Joey leaks a little pee, like if she sits down there can be a little puddle of pee but she doesn't consciously pee inside... I think her's is age related and she's lazy so she probably waits to go pee till last minute even though the door is always opened for her to go out Bennie peed inside when he was on cortisone but that is common so I knew it could happen. I hope you can figure it out, it's always a relief to know no matter what the cause is.

Thinking of you guys<3
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads