The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Well today just sucked. We had to have one of my daughters show rabbits put down due to a dislocated hip and knee. The vet that did the xrays said it was an old injury and that she was most likely abused by her former owners as she saw some scarring around her ears as well that is usually a good indication of being yanked around by them. While the vet did say they could wrap it and put everything back in place it would only be temporary and she would be in pain the rest of her life which in our eyes wouldn't be fair to her. I don't have any regrets in getting her a few months ago as we at least have the peace and knowledge that we gave her all the love and care we could in that short period of time but i am extremely pissed off at the previous owners as it is obvious that they didn't give two squirts about the females as evidence of their behavior when we first got them. What makes it more depressing is that she most likely was pregnant but the babies were too small to figure out how many there were, but chances are with her leg the way it was she wouldn't have survived giving birth and if she had the babies would have died as she wouldn't have been able to nurse them so we were damned if we do and damned if we don't. All in all we did what was best and let her cross the bridge so she wasn't in any more pain and so she could hop around with my other babies Rusty, Remi and Sasha.

The little 10lb fur ball will be missed.

Thanks for letting em rant a bit.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Awe man, I'm sorry and I'm sorry for your daughter. Be free sweet bunny.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Gosh I'm so sorry Todd… and I'm angry that she suffered by her previous owner. I really don't understand why people even bother to own animals, and then abuse them. RIP sweet Sansa :(

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry for your loss. It just angers me how people mistreat animals.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor sweet bunny... rest in peace little girl! so sorry Todd

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgHi Todd I'm so sorry for you and your daughters loss of your sweet bunny. I agree with Tracey and others comments, I will never understand how anyone can be so cruel and heartless and harm an innocent animal, I really wonder sometimes who the real animals are? Animals only know and give unconditional love and they still love even after they've been abused or abandoned. Rip in peace sweet girl.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm grateful that Lady Sansa knew real love in your home, Todd
instead of only knowing abuse in her former one. Thank you and
please hug & kiss your daughter from me & Cami.

RIP sweet bunny <3

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sorry about your bunny girl. The good thing is she got to have some happiness in her little life-thanks to your family. Now she is hopping free and painless in a green field!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.