Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry she is not doing well, I hope the vet can shed some light on the subject.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'd do what Riisi said and see if that helps, I thought she was on the mend too I'm sorry. :(

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I hope you can figure it out and she feels better soon!

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION], sorry to hear this, our vet at the start didn't want to hear that it was the tabs doing it to Bazza, he had bad diarrhea, so we told the vet that we are going to wean him on them, we went for a week with 1/2 a tab, now we are doing 1/2 tab in the morning and 1/2 tab at night, the other day he had one day of diarrhea so we didn't give the 1/2 at night, now we are back to 1/2 in morning and 1/2 at night. I agree with everyone, all dogs have different tolerances, the dose maybe too high at moment, bazza is going well on this at the moment. I haven't even spoken to the vet, maybe is a few weeks we will up it too 1 tab, in morning and a 1/2 at night. Not sure really.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
How close are you giving it to food? I think for humans it's suppose to be on an empty stomach...30 minutes before eating? I might be getting my drugs mixed up.

I hope you figure this out soon.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Sending Prayers and Positive Thoughts to Your Precious Roxie, Sending Love, Hugs and Kisses to Roxie.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Poor Roxie. I hope you figure out if its the meds or not ans she starts for feel better soon.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
How close are you giving it to food? I think for humans it's suppose to be on an empty stomach...30 minutes before eating? I might be getting my drugs mixed up.

I hope you figure this out soon.

For humans you are supposed to take it on an empty stomach, for dogs they can take it with food. Dr. Fant just wanted her to take it whenever was easier for me to remember so I was giving it to her during her mealtimes.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Yesterday was insanity for me, and I haven't heard back from the vet. Hopefully she will call me back sometime today… I only gave Roxie one pill and she didn't throw up, so I'm convinced it's the meds.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Talked to Dr. Fant this morning… she wants me to just give her one pill a day. Thyroid is SO difficult to regulate, so I'm hopeful that she will be able to tolerate the meds. She also wants me to give her 1 pepcid a day, she still believes the stomach acid issue is playing a part in the vomiting. I talked to her about the Orijen Senior food, and she said that would probably help w/her sensitive stomach as well. THANK you guys for all the prayers and good wishes… I just HATE to see her like this :(

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Talked to Dr. Fant this morning… she wants me to just give her one pill a day. Thyroid is SO difficult to regulate, so I'm hopeful that she will be able to tolerate the meds. She also wants me to give her 1 pepcid a day, she still believes the stomach acid issue is playing a part in the vomiting. I talked to her about the Orijen Senior food, and she said that would probably help w/her sensitive stomach as well. THANK you guys for all the prayers and good wishes… I just HATE to see her like this :([/QUOTE

Oh Tracey, of course you do! I'm hoping (and thinking) it's the meds. Thyroid
dosage IS tricky and that Pepcid should help the stomach issues.

Praying over her & y'all...we send loving hugs and hope she feels better asap!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I think finding the right dosage and the pepcid will definitely help. Just trial and error now.

Fingers crossed she'll be her old self in no time!

Most Reactions