Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 13

Thread: Early morning vomiting...

  1. #1
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,725
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5567

    Default Early morning vomiting...

    I talked to the vet yesterday about Roxie sometimes waking up super early in the morning and vomiting… she will sometimes vomit up yellow bile that is frothy (sorry for the TMI) anyway my vet told me to give her Pepcid tablets at night. She said that this is stomach acid that will build up at night…

    I know that we have discussed this before… I was curious to see if anyone else had heard about the excess stomach acid theory?!! Interesting...

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  2. #2
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    RiiSi's Avatar
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Location
    Sysmä
    Posts
    4,709
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)
    2626

    Default Re: Early morning vomiting...

    Never heard of that theory, but Usko does that occasionally. Not so often that i would worry though. As it happens I have some Antepsin in the house so lets test if it's helps. Thanks for the tip

  3. #3
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,725
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5567

    Default Re: Early morning vomiting...

    Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    Never heard of that theory, but Usko does that occasionally. Not so often that i would worry though. As it happens I have some Antepsin in the house so lets test if it's helps. Thanks for the tip
    Oh absolutely… that is why I shared the info, because I know that a lot of people are dealing w/this. I always thought that the stomach upset was caused by an empty tummy...

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  4. #4
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    5,141
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3869

    Default Re: Early morning vomiting...

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I talked to the vet yesterday about Roxie sometimes waking up super early in the morning and vomiting… she will sometimes vomit up yellow bile that is frothy (sorry for the TMI) anyway my vet told me to give her Pepcid tablets at night. She said that this is stomach acid that will build up at night…

    I know that we have discussed this before… I was curious to see if anyone else had heard about the excess stomach acid theory?!! Interesting...
    If Jewel did not eat the night before (i.e. skipped dinner) she sometimes would have this puking thing the following morning. Jewel and Bentley now eat late afternoon and we give them their yogurt in the late evening and maybe a biscuit before bed so that they wiik have something in their bellies during the night. I have not heard using Pepcid but have using Zantac.

  5. #5
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,725
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5567

    Default Re: Early morning vomiting...

    Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    If Jewel did not eat the night before (i.e. skipped dinner) she sometimes would have this puking thing the following morning. Jewel and Bentley now eat late afternoon and we give them their yogurt in the late evening and maybe a biscuit before bed so that they wiik have something in their bellies during the night. I have not heard using Pepcid but have using Zantac.
    I feed my dogs twice a day… usually 545am and 5pm. They get treats during the day, and I've been giving them a "snack" at night… last night it was peanut butter in their bones. I could NOT imagine either one of my chow hounds skipping a meal… Lol

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  6. #6
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    5,141
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3869

    Default Re: Early morning vomiting...

    @ddnene Jewel sometimes does not eat like this morning. She did not even touch here breakfast but then I think she is in some pain with her knee coupled with the new hardware that is in her knee and the change in the weather. If she doesn't eat this afternoon for the wife...then I know something is wrong. We see the Ortho vet on the 29th for here 12 week check-up.

  7. #7
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,479
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2585

    Default Re: Early morning vomiting...

    One of my ridgebacks long ago would do this. We had to start giving him rice cakes before he went to bed every night. I guess it settled his stomach as he didn't vomit again unless he had an upset tummy.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  8. #8
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,725
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5567

    Default Re: Early morning vomiting...

    Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    @ddnene Jewel sometimes does not eat like this morning. She did not even touch here breakfast but then I think she is in some pain with her knee coupled with the new hardware that is in her knee and the change in the weather. If she doesn't eat this afternoon for the wife...then I know something is wrong. We see the Ortho vet on the 29th for here 12 week check-up.
    Ugh poor baby… do you give her a joint supplement? I give Roxie NuJoint and NuVet… of course now we may be adding to that regime...

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  9. #9
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    5,141
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3869

    Default Re: Early morning vomiting...

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Ugh poor baby… do you give her a joint supplement? I give Roxie NuJoint and NuVet… of course now we may be adding to that regime...
    As far as the supplement, my wife asked the ortho vet to which he replied there isn't any clinical studies to show that they do work but there is nothing to show that they do not work. I have been seriously pondering in trying a trial ofthem becasue I am so tired of seeing my girl limp. But the limp we were told would happen for a couple more months.

  10. #10
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,160
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11486

    Default Re: Early morning vomiting...

    neve happens with my guys.... but I heard lots of people give a plain rice cake before going to sleep at night
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  11. #11
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Posts
    5,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1414

    Default Re: Early morning vomiting...

    Blue use to throw up a little foam in the mornings. Then I read here it's because of his empty belly so to feed him a little before bed.

    When I started doing that, he stopped throwing up the foam. Someone who use to post here would give a brown rice cake, I just give a little bit of his kibble.

    Thing is, I didn't think you get acid build up on an empty stomach, I thought it was caused by a full stomach.. so yeah, no idea how it works- just know that feeding him a little before bed does.

    - - - Updated - - -


  12. #12
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,725
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5567

    Default Re: Early morning vomiting...

    Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    As far as the supplement, my wife asked the ortho vet to which he replied there isn't any clinical studies to show that they do work but there is nothing to show that they do not work. I have been seriously pondering in trying a trial ofthem becasue I am so tired of seeing my girl limp. But the limp we were told would happen for a couple more months.
    I saw a change in Roxie initially… now things have changed. It's so hard to tell when they can't talk to tell you what hurts… I know that I take them personally, and I feel a lot better!!! Well I don't take NuJoint

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •