ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I talked to the vet yesterday about Roxie sometimes waking up super early in the morning and vomiting… she will sometimes vomit up yellow bile that is frothy (sorry for the TMI) anyway my vet told me to give her Pepcid tablets at night. She said that this is stomach acid that will build up at night…

I know that we have discussed this before… I was curious to see if anyone else had heard about the excess stomach acid theory?!! Interesting...

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Never heard of that theory, but Usko does that occasionally. Not so often that i would worry though. As it happens I have some Antepsin in the house so lets test if it's helps. Thanks for the tip:yes:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Never heard of that theory, but Usko does that occasionally. Not so often that i would worry though. As it happens I have some Antepsin in the house so lets test if it's helps. Thanks for the tip:yes:

Oh absolutely… that is why I shared the info, because I know that a lot of people are dealing w/this. I always thought that the stomach upset was caused by an empty tummy...

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I talked to the vet yesterday about Roxie sometimes waking up super early in the morning and vomiting… she will sometimes vomit up yellow bile that is frothy (sorry for the TMI) anyway my vet told me to give her Pepcid tablets at night. She said that this is stomach acid that will build up at night…

I know that we have discussed this before… I was curious to see if anyone else had heard about the excess stomach acid theory?!! Interesting...

If Jewel did not eat the night before (i.e. skipped dinner) she sometimes would have this puking thing the following morning. Jewel and Bentley now eat late afternoon and we give them their yogurt in the late evening and maybe a biscuit before bed so that they wiik have something in their bellies during the night. I have not heard using Pepcid but have using Zantac.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
If Jewel did not eat the night before (i.e. skipped dinner) she sometimes would have this puking thing the following morning. Jewel and Bentley now eat late afternoon and we give them their yogurt in the late evening and maybe a biscuit before bed so that they wiik have something in their bellies during the night. I have not heard using Pepcid but have using Zantac.

I feed my dogs twice a day… usually 545am and 5pm. They get treats during the day, and I've been giving them a "snack" at night… last night it was peanut butter in their bones. I could NOT imagine either one of my chow hounds skipping a meal… Lol

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Jewel sometimes does not eat like this morning. She did not even touch here breakfast but then I think she is in some pain with her knee coupled with the new hardware that is in her knee and the change in the weather. If she doesn't eat this afternoon for the wife...then I know something is wrong. We see the Ortho vet on the 29th for here 12 week check-up.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
One of my ridgebacks long ago would do this. We had to start giving him rice cakes before he went to bed every night. I guess it settled his stomach as he didn't vomit again unless he had an upset tummy.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@ddnene Jewel sometimes does not eat like this morning. She did not even touch here breakfast but then I think she is in some pain with her knee coupled with the new hardware that is in her knee and the change in the weather. If she doesn't eat this afternoon for the wife...then I know something is wrong. We see the Ortho vet on the 29th for here 12 week check-up.

Ugh poor baby… do you give her a joint supplement? I give Roxie NuJoint and NuVet… of course now we may be adding to that regime...

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ugh poor baby… do you give her a joint supplement? I give Roxie NuJoint and NuVet… of course now we may be adding to that regime...

As far as the supplement, my wife asked the ortho vet to which he replied there isn't any clinical studies to show that they do work but there is nothing to show that they do not work. I have been seriously pondering in trying a trial ofthem becasue I am so tired of seeing my girl limp. But the limp we were told would happen for a couple more months.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
neve happens with my guys.... but I heard lots of people give a plain rice cake before going to sleep at night

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue use to throw up a little foam in the mornings. Then I read here it's because of his empty belly so to feed him a little before bed.

When I started doing that, he stopped throwing up the foam. Someone who use to post here would give a brown rice cake, I just give a little bit of his kibble.

Thing is, I didn't think you get acid build up on an empty stomach, I thought it was caused by a full stomach.. so yeah, no idea how it works- just know that feeding him a little before bed does.

- - - Updated - - -

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
As far as the supplement, my wife asked the ortho vet to which he replied there isn't any clinical studies to show that they do work but there is nothing to show that they do not work. I have been seriously pondering in trying a trial ofthem becasue I am so tired of seeing my girl limp. But the limp we were told would happen for a couple more months.

I saw a change in Roxie initially… now things have changed. It's so hard to tell when they can't talk to tell you what hurts… I know that I take them personally, and I feel a lot better!!! Well I don't take NuJoint… :rofl:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Blue use to throw up a little foam in the mornings. Then I read here it's because of his empty belly so to feed him a little before bed.

When I started doing that, he stopped throwing up the foam. Someone who use to post here would give a brown rice cake, I just give a little bit of his kibble.

Thing is, I didn't think you get acid build up on an empty stomach, I thought it was caused by a full stomach.. so yeah, no idea how it works- just know that feeding him a little before bed does.

- - - Updated - - -

I just found this info online… it pretty much supports what my vet was saying, I had NO idea!!!

Dog Vomiting Yellow Bile

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online