The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
are those New Zealand whites - we raised californians - long story --- I worked out of town allot as a pipefitter . i had been on the road all winter into the spring so when I got home I ask my nine year old daughter what she wanted to do this summer QUOTE....... I WANT TO JOIN 4-H AND RAISE RABBITS ........ OK!!!! So me being this 6foot 280lb SOFFFFFFFTY we joined 4-H, The 4H club had not had a rabbit leader in over 25 years guess who became the rabbit leader .She had friends in two other 4H clubs who didnt have rabbit leaders so guess who became the county rabbit leader ? BET YOU GUESSED IT!!!!! The county fair had not had a rabbit show in over 30 years YOU GUESSED IT !!!!! got a rabbit show and judges to come in it was WONDERFUL (also local FFA was included) my daughter is now 22 we went to the fair this year and the rabbit show is going strong , She told me she was proud that i took an interest in the PIPE DREAM of a little girl and it became a renewed part of the fair and she had learned allot about taking care of and raising livestock and the circle of the food market.... she had 18 does and 4 bucks at the largest part of her hayday ---- I hope your kids learn as much as mine did in their big adventure ---- Bit of advice dont breed over six rabbits at one time thats lots of babies all at one time :w00t:
We have 3 Californians. 1 buck and 2 does and that is the max as she will be showing both meat pen and breeder for FFA. She knows it will be a lot of hard work but in the end it will be rewarding. Right now she is slated to breed the last week of October to be ready for the show the first week of February. This weekend i will be building all 3 of them new cages as i am a little OCD about how much space they have.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
The current cages aren't bad but to me they are too small for them as they are only 24x24x16 so they really can't stretch out. The bottom hutches are crap and i only have them because they were free. I don’t like them as they used treated lumber for them.

ThatsBull

Sep 10, 2014
Saskatchewan
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tia
Oh yea. Steers at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo can hit $500,000 easily. This year the grand champion lamb went for $250,000 which is a world record and the grand champion chicken went for $165,000 for a single chicken.

Wow, that is some EXPENSIVE chicken nuggets....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.