EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default My boxer has benefited from EBN too...Lol

FYI especially for our new members, I also own a 10 year old boxer Roxie… and since joining EBN I have pretty much made changes w/her as well. I give her NuVet supplements and NuJoint supplements which I learned about on here. She gets grain-free food Earthborn Holistic, fat-free greek yogurt, coconut oil, aquaphor on her nose, and fruits/veggies just like I feel my bully. She just had a checkup not too long ago, and her vet was amazed at how well she looks I was just wondering if anybody else on here has made changes to their other dogs and if they noticed a difference?!! Roxie doesn't have the allergy issues like the bullies do, but it's amazing to see how much better she looks just after this minor changes to her diet.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My boxer has benefited from EBN too… Lol

Yep. Aria aka "Little Gazelle" gets everything that Harlea gets. Had I known about all these great things years ago I would have given them to my other pups as well.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    Yep. Aria aka "Little Gazelle" gets everything that Harlea gets. Had I known about all these great things years ago I would have given them to my other pups as well.
    You know our Bella suffered from allergies for YEARS and all the vets would do is give her more pills, creams, etc… I wish I would of found EBN sooner

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Agreed. My Rusty may he rest in peace was a major allergy baby as well. Had I known then what I know now maybe some of the surgeries he had could have been avoided as well as some of his other issues. He was always yeasty no matter what we did and as we were ignorant about food allergies we didn't know to try grain free. His poor ears got so bad they had to be closed. I felt so bad after I learned everything I did before we got Harlea.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    Agreed. My Rusty may he rest in peace was a major allergy baby as well. Had I known then what I know now maybe some of the surgeries he had could have been avoided as well as some of his other issues. He was always yeasty no matter what we did and as we were ignorant about food allergies we didn't know to try grain free. His poor ears got so bad they had to be closed. I felt so bad after I learned everything I did before we got Harlea.
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear that… Bella was on the verge of getting allergy testing, which in hindsight I wish I would of just done it. She was miserable during the spring/fall seasons, but like you NEVER dawned on me about the grain-free food. I had her on Science Diet, Blue Buffalo… and she miserable.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

cool to know all this great info is good for any breed... once you know what the good stuff is, apply as necessary
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    cool to know all this great info is good for any breed... once you know what the good stuff is, apply as necessary
    I guess that's what is weird about it… seems to apply to just any dog in general… Lol

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    You know our Bella suffered from allergies for YEARS and all the vets would do is give her more pills, creams, etc… I wish I would of found EBN sooner
    Tracey I had a dreadful time with my Pug Tei Arrna with allergies and all she got were tablets and shots never anything about food could be the problem that poor baby suffered I wished I was also on here then she may have had a cure from it all.

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ftse 100 View Post
    Tracey I had a dreadful time with my Pug Tei Arrna with allergies and all she got were tablets and shots never anything about food could be the problem that poor baby suffered I wished I was also on here then she may have had a cure from it all.
    I'm sorry to hear that Julie… I think that most vets prefer that you get more meds, and add shots… than eat different foods and use home remedies

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that Julie… I think that most vets prefer that you get more meds, and add shots… than eat different foods and use home remedies
    Yes they seem too I had a disagreement with one of the vets at the practice I go last year about food allergies and he said there is no such thing, and I said my bit and he probably wonders why I have it that I am not to see him ever.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My boxer has benefited from EBN too...Lol

I agree with everyone, I had a Cocker Spaniel many years ago, her allergies were Horrible, her hair fell out, all she did would scratch. Vet put her on a lot of med. nothing helped her, If only I had known about grain free food and NuVet Plus, Coconut oil or Salmon oil she would not have had to go through all of that suffering. I wished I had known then, and I could have saved her. But now I know since I joined EBN with Wonderful people with loads of knowledge to help all of us, I feed all of my other Six, 4 legged Babies what Elmo eats, yogurt, cottage cheese, coconut or salmon oil, I know what to use if sores come on them. I am Truly Blesses to have met all of these Wonderful People and Their Wonderful Bully's on EBN. Love and Hugs To Everyone.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ftse 100 View Post
    Yes they seem too I had a disagreement with one of the vets at the practice I go last year about food allergies and he said there is no such thing, and I said my bit and he probably wonders why I have it that I am not to see him ever.
    I can't believe a veterinarian saying that there is no such thing as food allergies. Are you sure he even went to school?! OMG!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads