ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
FYI especially for our new members, I also own a 10 year old boxer Roxie… and since joining EBN I have pretty much made changes w/her as well. I give her NuVet supplements and NuJoint supplements which I learned about on here. She gets grain-free food Earthborn Holistic, fat-free greek yogurt, coconut oil, aquaphor on her nose, and fruits/veggies just like I feel my bully. She just had a checkup not too long ago, and her vet was amazed at how well she looks :w00t: I was just wondering if anybody else on here has made changes to their other dogs and if they noticed a difference?!! Roxie doesn't have the allergy issues like the bullies do, but it's amazing to see how much better she looks just after this minor changes to her diet.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Re: My boxer has benefited from EBN too… Lol

Yep. Aria aka "Little Gazelle" gets everything that Harlea gets. Had I known about all these great things years ago I would have given them to my other pups as well.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Yep. Aria aka "Little Gazelle" gets everything that Harlea gets. Had I known about all these great things years ago I would have given them to my other pups as well.

You know our Bella suffered from allergies for YEARS and all the vets would do is give her more pills, creams, etc… I wish I would of found EBN sooner :(

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22

Agreed. My Rusty may he rest in peace was a major allergy baby as well. Had I known then what I know now maybe some of the surgeries he had could have been avoided as well as some of his other issues. He was always yeasty no matter what we did and as we were ignorant about food allergies we didn't know to try grain free. His poor ears got so bad they had to be closed. I felt so bad after I learned everything I did before we got Harlea.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Agreed. My Rusty may he rest in peace was a major allergy baby as well. Had I known then what I know now maybe some of the surgeries he had could have been avoided as well as some of his other issues. He was always yeasty no matter what we did and as we were ignorant about food allergies we didn't know to try grain free. His poor ears got so bad they had to be closed. I felt so bad after I learned everything I did before we got Harlea.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that… Bella was on the verge of getting allergy testing, which in hindsight I wish I would of just done it. She was miserable during the spring/fall seasons, but like you NEVER dawned on me about the grain-free food. I had her on Science Diet, Blue Buffalo… and she miserable.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

cool to know all this great info is good for any breed... once you know what the good stuff is, apply as necessary

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

cool to know all this great info is good for any breed... once you know what the good stuff is, apply as necessary

I guess that's what is weird about it… seems to apply to just any dog in general… Lol

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse

You know our Bella suffered from allergies for YEARS and all the vets would do is give her more pills, creams, etc… I wish I would of found EBN sooner :(

Tracey I had a dreadful time with my Pug Tei Arrna with allergies and all she got were tablets and shots never anything about food could be the problem that poor baby suffered I wished I was also on here then she may have had a cure from it all.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Tracey I had a dreadful time with my Pug Tei Arrna with allergies and all she got were tablets and shots never anything about food could be the problem that poor baby suffered I wished I was also on here then she may have had a cure from it all.

I'm sorry to hear that Julie… I think that most vets prefer that you get more meds, and add shots… than eat different foods and use home remedies :(

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse

I'm sorry to hear that Julie… I think that most vets prefer that you get more meds, and add shots… than eat different foods and use home remedies :(

Yes they seem too I had a disagreement with one of the vets at the practice I go last year about food allergies and he said there is no such thing, and I said my bit and he probably wonders why I have it that I am not to see him ever.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I agree with everyone, I had a Cocker Spaniel many years ago, her allergies were Horrible, her hair fell out, all she did would scratch. Vet put her on a lot of med. nothing helped her, If only I had known about grain free food and NuVet Plus, Coconut oil or Salmon oil she would not have had to go through all of that suffering. I wished I had known then, and I could have saved her. But now I know since I joined EBN with Wonderful people with loads of knowledge to help all of us, I feed all of my other Six, 4 legged Babies what Elmo eats, yogurt, cottage cheese, coconut or salmon oil, I know what to use if sores come on them. I am Truly Blesses to have met all of these Wonderful People and Their Wonderful Bully's on EBN. Love and Hugs To Everyone.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini

Yes they seem too I had a disagreement with one of the vets at the practice I go last year about food allergies and he said there is no such thing, and I said my bit and he probably wonders why I have it that I am not to see him ever.

I can't believe a veterinarian saying that there is no such thing as food allergies. Are you sure he even went to school?! OMG!

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse

I can't believe a veterinarian saying that there is no such thing as food allergies. Are you sure he even went to school?! OMG!

:hmm: honestly I would say not as he is a idiot but I presume so. Now you know why I have on my records I am not to see him and he owns the practice the vet I see is lovely and explains everything he takes his time with Mr Crocodile Ftse

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.