ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Roxie has NOT been herself this weekend :( I've been seeing the signs slowly, but yesterday at the Farmer's Market I could really tell. She's in pain, and she's not as active as she used to be. This morning she snapped at Wally big time, so I'm pretty sure it's her joints/hips.

Her vet had given me a brochure for Adequan for her, and I'm going to call her tomorrow to get started. Anyone familiar w/this? How long does it take to start working? Did you have to get get pain meds to go w/it?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Roxie has NOT been herself this weekend :( I've been seeing the signs slowly, but yesterday at the Farmer's Market I could really tell. She's in pain, and she's not as active as she used to be. This morning she snapped at Wally big time, so I'm pretty sure it's her joints/hips.

Her vet had given me a brochure for Adequan for her, and I'm going to call her tomorrow to get started. Anyone familiar w/this? How long does it take to start working? Did you have to get get pain meds to go w/it?

yes, we used it for Nitschke it worked great for him and for awhile with Banks. The shot is once a month in the thigh muscle, alternating sides each month (what we did anyway by vet instruction). There was deramaxx as needed, but not too often. i see better results with Banks on the laser therapy than i did with the adequan, i think only because her arthritis is so bad. They all respond differently, but the laser I really see a difference in banks if we are late with getting it done. also, banks is a drama queen with getting a needle at home, so the stress to me was not worth it based on the results

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
yes, we used it for Nitschke it worked great for him and for awhile with Banks. The shot is once a month in the thigh muscle, alternating sides each month (what we did anyway by vet instruction). There was deramaxx as needed, but not too often. i see better results with Banks on the laser therapy than i did with the adequan, i think only because her arthritis is so bad. They all respond differently, but the laser I really see a difference in banks if we are late with getting it done. also, banks is a drama queen with getting a needle at home, so the stress to me was not worth it based on the results

Oh WOW… ok this may sound stupid, but what is the laser therapy? Dr. Fant only recommend the Adequan injections for her, but she didn't do any x-rays or anything. She has a bone spur in her neck, and she's favoring her left hip :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh WOW… ok this may sound stupid, but what is the laser therapy? Dr. Fant only recommend the Adequan injections for her, but she didn't do any x-rays or anything. She has a bone spur in her neck, and she's favoring her left hip :(

this is the one we use at our vet office... read through and I'll post more in a bit. have some stuff to get done

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Poor Roxie :( hope she feels better soon. I bet Wally is wanting to play with her.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor Roxie :( hope she feels better soon. I bet Wally is wanting to play with her.

I gave her a muscle relaxer today, so she's feeling better. I just have a feeling I need something for her for the long term… Sigh!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online