Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my new vet!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So today I took Roxie in to see Dr. Fant to have a general check-up, and check on her teeth. Dr. Whitley had been on me for MONTHS about having her teeth cleaned, and I've been putting it off. Just couldn't get myself to schedule it… obviously. Dr. Fant took ONE look at her teeth, and told me she had a very MILD case and that in her opinion she wouldn't even consider having her put under anesthesia for a teeth cleaning. She also told me that 20/20 did a segment on vet practices doing dental cleanings that were unwarranted. It's a BIG money maker for the clinics, but at what cost?!! Putting dogs under anesthesia unnecessarily…

I can't tell you how much I LOVE Dr. Fant… I'm so thankful to GOD that I found a vet that uses common sense over making money. Oh and I forgot to mention that every single time I have been there someone brings in a bully to be seen.

:heartsign:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's great. I saw that segment and it's quite the racket right now out here!! Arm & Hammer came out with dental wipes that are so easy to use. We love it, that's fantastic you have that doctor.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
So great and happy for you to have a vet like that. Seems like shes a very rare gem indeed.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Glad to hear it. Honest and trustworthy vets are hard to find.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Chance is lucky to have an incredible vet whom is very curious as to how he is going to turn out we have no worries with Dr Chan.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
That's great. I saw that segment and it's quite the racket right now out here!! Arm & Hammer came out with dental wipes that are so easy to use. We love it, that's fantastic you have that doctor.

I need to watch that segment… she said it was really good!!!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Thats fantastic..I am so happy for you! Unfortunatley im not as lucky...Like the U2 song goes...I still havent found what im looking for.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thats fantastic..I am so happy for you! Unfortunatley im not as lucky...Like the U2 song goes...I still havent found what im looking for.

:( Gotta keep looking… have you checked Angie's List or Yahoo?!!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
No I haven't..I tried one the rescues here use..he's very bulldog savvy they say..30 yrs experience..but his personality and "bedside manner" were horrible in my opinion..he's the guy who said "now you know why he was a rescue" when Chum growled and snapped at him...I said he's never shown the slightest sign of aggression before...but he shackled him to the table...and I'll never go back no matter how good he is..
I still have the vet who gave him a 3 yr rabies shot 2 years in a row.and he can never be reached when I have a question...I haven't checked Angie's list..

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No I haven't..I tried one the rescues here use..he's very bulldog savvy they say..30 yrs experience..but his personality and "bedside manner" were horrible in my opinion..he's the guy who said "now you know why he was a rescue" when Chum growled and snapped at him...I said he's never shown the slightest sign of aggression before...but he shackled him to the table...and I'll never go back no matter how good he is..
I still have the vet who gave him a 3 yr rabies shot 2 years in a row.and he can never be reached when I have a question...I haven't checked Angie's list..

I would check again w/the rescues… OMG I can't believe he shackled CHUMS… NOOOOooo!!! I would check Angie's List, Yahoo, and Yelp… people are very honest on there. Do you know anyone else in your area that owns a bully? That is how I found Dr. Fant, she had rescued a bully named Charlie that Ray wanted to adopt… Lol

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION]
Rosalie lives about 15 mins away..she told me her vet a while back..I have to ask her again..There are 2 bullies around the block from me...but I can tell they're not properly cared for...I wouldn't even bother to ask the owner about their vet.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
That's so great Tracey, it's so great when we find a vet that we can trust, and that isn't into just money and selling products. I love my vet clinic as well, there are 3 female vets, and they are fantastic. They love my bullies, and one of them has a EB herself that she brings to work with her, and she always listens to me regarding holistic treatments, foods or products, and supplements that I give my guys. She also never pushes foods or products on me. It's a really good feeling and a relief when you know that you can trust your vet. I have sent lots of people to them, and everyone loves them.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That's such great news, seems like you've been looking forever for a great vet. Don't forget to add her to the big list! :up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
From my own experience -your vet is a rare gem hun xxx

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's such great news, seems like you've been looking forever for a great vet. Don't forget to add her to the big list! :up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Lisa, and I just did add her to the list!!! :w00t:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.