Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi everyone, our cat Meeko who belongs to my son eats a dry food called Preformatin and she also gets a 1/4 of a can each day of wet food which the vet recommended to give her some moisture in her diet. As most of you know we have Bulldozer and Blossom, and they both eat Fromm's Beef Frittata with 2 Tbsp. of plain yogurt every morning, after they eat their breakfast Meeko always waits until they're gone and she then licks out their bowls. I started giving her a Tbsp. of plain yogurt yesterday, and she loves it, she licks the bowl clean. I don't know why I haven't been giving her yogurt as well as the dogs, for the probiotic benefits. I'm sure cats get the same benefits as dogs. Does anyone else give their cats yogurt?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I do and he loves it! When I give Vegas his couple Tablespoons of fat free greek yogurt I give the cat about 1/2 teaspoon and he loves it.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I have never given the cats yogurt. Maybe i should try. They revolt and go on strike if i try to change their food from anything other than Purina Indoor Advantage. I want to get them on a grain free because they are so fat. I'm going to try. Thank you!

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Jennie, I honestly never thought about giving our cat Meeko yogurt, but she always waits for the dogs to finish their morning kibble which they have with yogurt everyday, and then she licks the bowl clean. I started giving her her own bowl of yogurt, 3 days ago, and she loves it, she licks up every drop. I'm sure cats get the same benefits from the probiotics.
As for your cats weight, we had the same problem during the winter, we've had our cat for a little over a year, and she's strictly an indoor cat, we had her on NOW, which is a high quality grain free food, made by the same company as GO Natural food, but it is very rich and Meeko gained too much weight, my son gave her the nickname Fatty McPatty, and said she was going to need a skateboard to get around. Lol. We spoke to the girl at our neighbourhood PetValu, she has many cats of her own, and she also does Cat Rescues out of the store. She had the same issues with her cats and eight gain, and she had switched them to a food called Preformatin, and she recommended we try it, it's a good quality food as well, but has less calories, and helps them to lose weight. We bought a bag of the new food and within 4 to 5 months Meeko lost the extra weight, and we have kept her on it, because she loves it.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Hi Jennie, I honestly never thought about giving our cat Meeko yogurt, but she always waits for the dogs to finish their morning kibble which they have with yogurt everyday, and then she licks the bowl clean. I started giving her her own bowl of yogurt, 3 days ago, and she loves it, she licks up every drop. I'm sure cats get the same benefits from the probiotics.
As for your cats weight, we had the same problem during the winter, we've had our cat for a little over a year, and she's strictly an indoor cat, we had her on NOW, which is a high quality grain free food, made by the same company as GO Natural food, but it is very rich and Meeko gained too much weight, my son gave her the nickname Fatty McPatty, and said she was going to need a skateboard to get around. Lol. We spoke to the girl at our neighbourhood PetValu, she has many cats of her own, and she also does Cat Rescues out of the store. She had the same issues with her cats and eight gain, and she had switched them to a food called Preformatin, and she recommended we try it, it's a good quality food as well, but has less calories, and helps them to lose weight. We bought a bag of the new food and within 4 to 5 months Meeko lost the extra weight, and we have kept her on it, because she loves it.

Hey Lady!! Thanks for all this information. I love the nickname Fatty McPatty, it's awesome! One of my cats is only a little bit smaller than Ruthie, as you can see below. I'm going to check out that food. When i try to change their food, they eat around the new food and eat their tried and true indoor advantage. I gotta do something for them because i hate seeing them carry so much weight, it's so bad for them. it also doesn't help that they do nothing all day.
2012-12-19 18.26.00.jpg

Members online

No members online now.