Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi everyone, I've got good news, Elvis has decided to come back home. For those of you that know the story my sons King snake escaped out of his Terrarium, when the cat laid on top of the screen and broke it. Elvis has been missing since the beginning of March, and we thought he was gone forever. I thought he may have gotten into the walls of the basement, or in the ductwork, and since he's been gone for so long, we kind of accepted that he was probably gone for good. At first we tore apart the laundry room and storage area of our basement, as that is where he is kept, and we have a lot of built in storage shelves in that area. We thought he might have gotten into one of our bins or boxes. We took everything off the shelves and searched, we looked under the furnace, under the washer and dryer, behind the washer and dryer, and searched the entire basement. For the first few days, we left out a dead mouse for him in case he sniffed it out and came back to eat. We kept Meeko our cat out of the basement in case he did come back, and she tried to play with it or eat it, we checked a couple of times a day, to see if there were signs of him, but we never did find him. I decided that he was probably gone, and not coming back, (although my son always had hope), so I told my son to put Meeko's kitty litter box and her food back down in the laundry room. I figured that if Elvis was going to come back, then Meeko would probably sniff him out, and let us know that he was still around. Sure enough it worked. This morning my son and I went across the street to the plaza and we had breakfast at Tim Hortons, then we went to the grocery store, and bought a couple of things, and my son went to Shoppers Drug Mart to buy some hygiene supplies, Axe Spray, Deodorant and Toothpaste, while I bought my Lottery tickets. We came home and my son went downstairs to his bathroom to put his stuff away, and the next thing I know he screams Mom come here quick. Scared the He** out of me, I thought something was wrong. The cat was playing with something in the corner where her scratch tower/ bed is, and when my son looked, he saw it was his snake Elvis. He is alive and fine, and has no injuries, but he's probably starving. I suggested my son wait until tonight, or even tomorrow before feeding him, just in case he's stressed out from being put back in the Terrarium, so he can get used to his environment again, and settle. I'm glad for my son that he found the snake, but more than that I'm relieved that we finally know for sure where he is. I've been keeping my eyes open for him, and every time I'd go downstairs to do laundry, I'd be looking around and wondering if I would come face to face with him, plus I was worried about if I would find him in my room, or worse in my bed one night. Lol. Snakes creep me out, but since my son has his own living room, bedroom, and bathroom in the basement, the only time I go done there is to do laundry, so I don't have to see him really. I also had worried about if he had gotten into the walls or ductwork and maybe had gotten into one of my neighbours townhouses. I was thinking that if I heard a shrill scream one day, from one of our neighbours, we would find him that way, so I'm kind of relieved that he's been found. My son just left to go to Petsmart, to buy a new screen top for the Terrarium, and he has a piece of plywood to put on top, so the cat won't lay on top of it again, and fall through. Im thinking maybe we should change his name to Houdini.

Ladies and Gentlemen Elvis is back in the Building.
Maybe he just went on Vacation and decided to come home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 61

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Ok i respect snakes and don't hate them but wont touch them either lol, Elvis is one beautiful dude! so glad you have your peice of mind back! that must have been stressful loundry days for you lol.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hey Elvis!...looking good, Dude! So glad you're back where you belong :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:eek: But i am happy for all of you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Happy for your son. I guess Elvis found out that the grass is not always greener somewhere else! Bet he's glad to be home! snake.jpgLooking forward to a juicy mouseburger.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
He is back in his Terrarium, and my son fed him a mouse last night, which he devoured, plus he grank tons of water. He must have been really hungry and dehydrated. We figure we may have been missing him when we were looking because snacks are nocturnal, and we were searching and looking in the daytime and early evenings, so maybe he was active at night and we didn't see him.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Cool. glad he is safe and sound.

Most Reactions

Members online