Anything I should do....

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Beautiful night here in FL. have the front door open, around 70*, Jester our :evil: FIXED male cat is laying out on our screened in front porch. I hear him meowing and going on about himself, I look and there is a HUGE tom cat outside the screen. Jester and the tom proceed to fight through the screen so I brought Jester in. I grab a handful of catfood and take it out to the tom cat. He flips down all cutesie and wants his belly rubbed. I started petting his belly........ then he proceeds to shred my hands with his teeth and nails!!!!! I came in and washed with antibacterial soap really good, a lot of puncture wounds, is there something else I should do?? I don't know anything about this cat. Ohhh and Vegas was such a savior, he stood in the doorway and barked with every hair on his back stood up, he refused to go out on the porch!!! He ran and hid when the cat started growling at Jester, lol.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Crap.... You might need a tetnious (sp?) shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
i think you should be fine. sounds like a normal feral cat to me.. I never trust them. If i do i pet them for a split second and show affection with my eyes than my hands because they attack at anytime. It's their natural instinct and they dont know any better. :]

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Crap.... You might need a tetnious (sp?) shot

No good on that, they last 10 years and I had one 2 years ago when I almost cut my finger off, lol.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
i think you should be fine. sounds like a normal feral cat to me.. I never trust them. If i do i pet them for a split second and show affection with my eyes than my hands because they attack at anytime. It's their natural instinct and they dont know any better. :]

He SEEMED like a sweetheart, just flipped back purring wanting a belly rub, I took him a handful of food, then WHAM, he was all over me, biting and scratching, ungrateful as$, lol

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Then I think you should be OK... :up:

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
He SEEMED like a sweetheart, just flipped back purring wanting a belly rub, I took him a handful of food, then WHAM, he was all over me, biting and scratching, ungrateful as$, lol

hahaha yes they are all like that. unless it is an outside cat. but all feral will attack after like 3 or 4 rubs. They are meaanie heads! haha but you should be fine. I grew up always helping the feral so I have quite the experience :sarcastic:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My MIL got bit like that and ended up having to get antibiotics… she got an infection. I would be careful, if it gets red or infected… I would call the doctor. Not sure about the rabies part...

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
They reckon cats are the dirties for infections I would probably get it checked and not sure for rabies.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
My first thought was rabies too. I would probably have it too just to be on the safe side :). Maybe he'll warm up to you if you continue giving him food? then he would never leave LOL. love Vegas' reaction lol.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, the Tetanus shot will only cover for Tetanus, and tetanus comes from dirty soil, or items, it cats. You only need antibiotics if the wounds become infected, which they can since the cats mouth and teeth carries bacteria and can cause infection. If you see infection, or pus in the wounds, or if you develop a fever then you need to take antibiotics. I would be really concerned about rabies tough, because this was a feral or wild cat, and you don't know it's history. It probably doesn't have any up to date if any vaccinations so could be carrying all kinds of diseases, including rabies if its been In contact with other wildlife outside? Since the history of the cat is unknown I would see your doctor, and see what he says.
Is there any way, you can catch the cat, and take it to a vet or animal control facility, so they can quarantine him to watch for rabies? Please go to your doctor to see what he suggests. Keep us posted. I hope your okay

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I was also going to suggest trapping the cat so it could be evaluated. I would definitely get an antibiotic. Vegas is too funny. They are such turkeys.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.