Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member jenzaar's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)

Default Sending out a puppy prayer

Hello all.
    Returned from vacation just two hours ago and am so excited to pick up Winslow in the morning.

Our homecoming wasn't what I expected, when the saddest sight of a pitbull I've ever laid eyes on ran to our car begging for help. It was strange - he did not want to be approached but he knew we were the ones who opened doors to warmer shelters.

Anyway, I called the police who already knew of someone dropping a dog out of their van, but they didn't know where it was. Fortunately they came within seconds, and he was begging at my neighbors' door. The officer went to see if she could leash him; he growled. Then she pulled her car closer to him, and he climbed inside between the time it took to open the back door and then return from grabbing some of Winslow's food. He was off to the vet for help but I just don't know.. I've never seen an animal in that shape before. It took a few seconds for me to be sure that it actually was a dog!

I can't get the image of him out of my head, the sound of his voice when he called out near the door. The shape of his back, how tightly his tail was tucked between his legs... and those eyes.

Mine has to wait til morning, but please give your babies a squeeze tonight for all those poor animals out there who need help. It's so cold, and god he was just so scared.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sending out a puppy prayer

That's so heartbreaking to hear, @jenzaar. Makes me so very sad. I do hope that pup makes it and eventually finds a good home. How heartless is that to just dump your dog?!!?? I can't believe it sometimes and I don't WANT to believe it but i know it's a sad reality that happens so often. Do you think you'd be able to find out the status of this pooch you found (or who found you)? I just pray for a happy ending for this guy.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

btw, I'm so glad he came to you and you were able to help him get out of the cold and to get help! Thank you for doing that.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Brings tears to my eyes and breaks my heart knowing this is going on.
    I am thankful you were there and called and he's getting help.

On our local news they reported 30 horses in a pasture w/no shelter
    in *10 degrees last night (wind chill below zero w/N winds) some with
    ribs sticking out.

I pray for man & beast...to live together in harmony, kindness & love.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    That's so heartbreaking to hear, @jenzaar. Makes me so very sad. I do hope that pup makes it and eventually finds a good home. How heartless is that to just dump your dog?!!?? I can't believe it sometimes and I don't WANT to believe it but i know it's a sad reality that happens so often. Do you think you'd be able to find out the status of this pooch you found (or who found you)? I just pray for a happy ending for this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    btw, I'm so glad he came to you and you were able to help him get out of the cold and to get help! Thank you for doing that.
    Thank you. I don't understand how it goes on either, a question I think I've asked since I was very young. He was terribly skinny and obviously not well cared for by whoever did this to home. Hope it's only better from here.
    I forgot to ask where he'd be going, but I can probably go in tomorrow and ask which vet. I'm not completely sure I want to, though I don't know why. I will certainly post any updates if I do have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    Brings tears to my eyes and breaks my heart knowing this is going on.
    I am thankful you were there and called and he's getting help.

On our local news they reported 30 horses in a pasture w/no shelter
    in *10 degrees last night (wind chill below zero w/N winds) some with
    ribs sticking out.

I pray for man & beast...to live together in harmony, kindness & love.
    I hesitated, not knowing if I should be calling the police. Local spca only answers in the day and I didn't know if it was a true emergency. They were more than happy that I called, and to help, and I'm very thankful for that.

Those poor horses. Oh goodness it's awful what we put each other through.

Thanks for your kind words.

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

It breaks my heart when i read this ,images of dogs that i photographed at the shelter come to my head, the moment i stop believing in humanity -all the workers and dog lovers prove to me that humanity is not lost yet x
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Aww poor baby. Thank goodness you found him, and hopefully with help he can recover, and find a new home. I don't understand how people can be so heartless and cruel to do abuse defenceless animals. If you don't want a pet to be part of your life forever, and to be part of your family, then don't get a dog, you don't deserve one. And if you find for some reason you can no longer take care of your pet, don't throw it away, or don't abandon it, please bring him to a shelter, or find him a good home where he will be loved.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

so sad, humans are just beyond cruel and shameful sometimes.... thanks for helping get that baby into a warm place.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

This is breaking my heart. I hope you can find out how he is doing and give us an update. I have been on the lookout since this extreme cold started to make sure cats and dogs are properly taken care of. I cant imagine being a homeless animal or human right now. We have friends staying with us because their heat is out. I would take in everyone if I could. Give Winslow lots of good lovins today too!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Living where I live, I know how heartless people can be with animals. And if you don't see it, all you have to do is watch TV Pitbulls and Parolees, to see what so called "people" do to dogs. What ever they did, should have to be done to THEM! That should be the punishment! Oh yeah-and Michael Vick-the big HERO
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Living where I live, I know how heartless people can be with animals. And if you don't see it, all you have to do is watch TV Pitbulls and Parolees, to see what so called "people" do to dogs. What ever they did, should have to be done to THEM! That should be the punishment! Oh yeah-and Michael Vick-the big HERO
    I don't even think I saw a dog in this one's shape on Pitbulls and Parolees.
    It must be awful to see that often. I've never witnessed any kind of animal in such poor health before and it was a rude awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by JennieS View Post
    This is breaking my heart. I hope you can find out how he is doing and give us an update. I have been on the lookout since this extreme cold started to make sure cats and dogs are properly taken care of. I cant imagine being a homeless animal or human right now. We have friends staying with us because their heat is out. I would take in everyone if I could. Give Winslow lots of good lovins today too!
    I will certainly keep you all posted. I've been loving on him as much as I can - he seems a little lost. I know he's happy to see us but he's just a bit off, so I'm taking it slow and giving him space.

Quote Originally Posted by Pati Robins View Post
    It breaks my heart when i read this ,images of dogs that i photographed at the shelter come to my head, the moment i stop believing in humanity -all the workers and dog lovers prove to me that humanity is not lost yet x
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Aww poor baby. Thank goodness you found him, and hopefully with help he can recover, and find a new home. I don't understand how people can be so heartless and cruel to do abuse defenceless animals. If you don't want a pet to be part of your life forever, and to be part of your family, then don't get a dog, you don't deserve one. And if you find for some reason you can no longer take care of your pet, don't throw it away, or don't abandon it, please bring him to a shelter, or find him a good home where he will be loved.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    so sad, humans are just beyond cruel and shameful sometimes.... thanks for helping get that baby into a warm place.
    Thank you all for your comments. I don't think I expected that. I mean I posted it here cause I know we care like crazy for pooches, especially rescues, but it just tears at my heart. I don't think my husband understands how much these things affect me so it's nice to see that you all know what I feel.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)

I'm so afraid to make the call to get an upate.. my stomach is in knots thinking about it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads