Sending out a puppy prayer

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Hello all.
Returned from vacation just two hours ago and am so excited to pick up Winslow in the morning.

Our homecoming wasn't what I expected, when the saddest sight of a pitbull I've ever laid eyes on ran to our car begging for help. It was strange - he did not want to be approached but he knew we were the ones who opened doors to warmer shelters.

Anyway, I called the police who already knew of someone dropping a dog out of their van, but they didn't know where it was. Fortunately they came within seconds, and he was begging at my neighbors' door. The officer went to see if she could leash him; he growled. Then she pulled her car closer to him, and he climbed inside between the time it took to open the back door and then return from grabbing some of Winslow's food. He was off to the vet for help but I just don't know.. I've never seen an animal in that shape before. It took a few seconds for me to be sure that it actually was a dog!

I can't get the image of him out of my head, the sound of his voice when he called out near the door. The shape of his back, how tightly his tail was tucked between his legs... and those eyes.

Mine has to wait til morning, but please give your babies a squeeze tonight for all those poor animals out there who need help. It's so cold, and god he was just so scared. :(

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
That's so heartbreaking to hear, [MENTION=9723]jenzaar[/MENTION]. Makes me so very sad. I do hope that pup makes it and eventually finds a good home. How heartless is that to just dump your dog?!!?? I can't believe it sometimes and I don't WANT to believe it but i know it's a sad reality that happens so often. Do you think you'd be able to find out the status of this pooch you found (or who found you)? I just pray for a happy ending for this guy.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
btw, I'm so glad he came to you and you were able to help him get out of the cold and to get help! Thank you for doing that.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Brings tears to my eyes and breaks my heart knowing this is going on.
I am thankful you were there and called and he's getting help.

On our local news they reported 30 horses in a pasture w/no shelter
in *10 degrees last night (wind chill below zero w/N winds) some with
ribs sticking out.

I pray for man & beast...to live together in harmony, kindness & love.

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
That's so heartbreaking to hear, [MENTION=9723]jenzaar[/MENTION]. Makes me so very sad. I do hope that pup makes it and eventually finds a good home. How heartless is that to just dump your dog?!!?? I can't believe it sometimes and I don't WANT to believe it but i know it's a sad reality that happens so often. Do you think you'd be able to find out the status of this pooch you found (or who found you)? I just pray for a happy ending for this guy.

btw, I'm so glad he came to you and you were able to help him get out of the cold and to get help! Thank you for doing that.
Thank you. :heart: I don't understand how it goes on either, a question I think I've asked since I was very young. He was terribly skinny and obviously not well cared for by whoever did this to home. Hope it's only better from here.
I forgot to ask where he'd be going, but I can probably go in tomorrow and ask which vet. I'm not completely sure I want to, though I don't know why. I will certainly post any updates if I do have them.

Brings tears to my eyes and breaks my heart knowing this is going on.
I am thankful you were there and called and he's getting help.

On our local news they reported 30 horses in a pasture w/no shelter
in *10 degrees last night (wind chill below zero w/N winds) some with
ribs sticking out.

I pray for man & beast...to live together in harmony, kindness & love.
I hesitated, not knowing if I should be calling the police. Local spca only answers in the day and I didn't know if it was a true emergency. They were more than happy that I called, and to help, and I'm very thankful for that.

Those poor horses. Oh goodness it's awful what we put each other through.

Thanks for your kind words.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
It breaks my heart when i read this ,images of dogs that i photographed at the shelter come to my head, the moment i stop believing in humanity -all the workers and dog lovers prove to me that humanity is not lost yet x

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor baby. Thank goodness you found him, and hopefully with help he can recover, and find a new home. I don't understand how people can be so heartless and cruel to do abuse defenceless animals. If you don't want a pet to be part of your life forever, and to be part of your family, then don't get a dog, you don't deserve one. And if you find for some reason you can no longer take care of your pet, don't throw it away, or don't abandon it, please bring him to a shelter, or find him a good home where he will be loved.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:cry: so sad, humans are just beyond cruel and shameful sometimes.... thanks for helping get that baby into a warm place.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
This is breaking my heart. I hope you can find out how he is doing and give us an update. I have been on the lookout since this extreme cold started to make sure cats and dogs are properly taken care of. I cant imagine being a homeless animal or human right now. We have friends staying with us because their heat is out. I would take in everyone if I could. Give Winslow lots of good lovins today too!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Living where I live, I know how heartless people can be with animals. And if you don't see it, all you have to do is watch TV Pitbulls and Parolees, to see what so called "people" do to dogs. What ever they did, should have to be done to THEM! That should be the punishment! Oh yeah-and Michael Vick-the big HERO:bad:

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Living where I live, I know how heartless people can be with animals. And if you don't see it, all you have to do is watch TV Pitbulls and Parolees, to see what so called "people" do to dogs. What ever they did, should have to be done to THEM! That should be the punishment! Oh yeah-and Michael Vick-the big HERO:bad:
I don't even think I saw a dog in this one's shape on Pitbulls and Parolees. :eek:
It must be awful to see that often. I've never witnessed any kind of animal in such poor health before and it was a rude awakening.

This is breaking my heart. I hope you can find out how he is doing and give us an update. I have been on the lookout since this extreme cold started to make sure cats and dogs are properly taken care of. I cant imagine being a homeless animal or human right now. We have friends staying with us because their heat is out. I would take in everyone if I could. Give Winslow lots of good lovins today too!
I will certainly keep you all posted. I've been loving on him as much as I can - he seems a little lost. I know he's happy to see us but he's just a bit off, so I'm taking it slow and giving him space. :)

It breaks my heart when i read this ,images of dogs that i photographed at the shelter come to my head, the moment i stop believing in humanity -all the workers and dog lovers prove to me that humanity is not lost yet x

Aww poor baby. Thank goodness you found him, and hopefully with help he can recover, and find a new home. I don't understand how people can be so heartless and cruel to do abuse defenceless animals. If you don't want a pet to be part of your life forever, and to be part of your family, then don't get a dog, you don't deserve one. And if you find for some reason you can no longer take care of your pet, don't throw it away, or don't abandon it, please bring him to a shelter, or find him a good home where he will be loved.

:cry: so sad, humans are just beyond cruel and shameful sometimes.... thanks for helping get that baby into a warm place.

Thank you all for your comments. I don't think I expected that. I mean I posted it here cause I know we care like crazy for pooches, especially rescues, but it just tears at my heart. I don't think my husband understands how much these things affect me so it's nice to see that you all know what I feel. :heart:

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
I'm so afraid to make the call to get an upate.. my stomach is in knots thinking about it.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
We know. I used to pick up every stray that I saw walking along the road. Then there was a Parvo epidemic an d even though my dogs had their shots, I was still afraid to bring strange dogs home. It also began to get quite expensive. Can't watch the PB and Parolees alot because I can't take it!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm so afraid to make the call to get an upate.. my stomach is in knots thinking about it.

I would be too... my stomach went into a knot when I read this line.... so hope he has a chance.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

The punishment for animal cruelty is just a slap on the wrist, at least here in CA. Makes my blood boil when I hear about heartless acts that so called "owners" do to their pets. Just last night, after reading this thread and crying about it, I had the radio on and heard of a local guy who killed his chihuaha by intentionally running over it in an alleyway. He got arrested but is currently out on bail and awaiting trial in March. I really hope he gets a severe punishment for what he did but unfortunately, I doubt that will happen.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online