OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
We know. I used to pick up every stray that I saw walking along the road. Then there was a Parvo epidemic an d even though my dogs had their shots, I was still afraid to bring strange dogs home. It also began to get quite expensive. Can't watch the PB and Parolees alot because I can't take it!

I really admire you for that. I couldn't approach this one. I wanted to, I would have wrapped him in blankets and poured him tea if I could but it seemed I should have kept my distance, especially knowing help was right there.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I agree completely! They just recently made a "law" here in this county(the sheriff has worked with the humane society) against animal cruelty. It's a joke-probably $50 fine, but at least there is SOMETHING now. Never was. The farmer that lives behind me had a pile of 7 dead cows right against my back fence(on his side) two summers ago. The wind comes up from that way in the summer. The smell was unbearable. Someone called the law, and he burned them. BUT they had starved to death-nothing was done about that. He makes more money from the gov. claiming losses that he ever does farming. To top it off-HE was farmer of the year two years ago!! What a sorry world.....

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
One time my husband and I were going down the highway, and it was a terrible storm. I saw a beautiful German Shepherd running alonside the road. He looked very scared. I told my husband to pull over. He said"what if he bites you" I said Oh well, than he can stay in the rain! I opened the car door, and he leaped into my lap. Poor guy, all the pads on his feet were bleeding. He had tags on his collar with a vets name on it(rabies tag). So we took him to that vet, and he knew the dog. His owner was a teacher in the town. She was so happy we picked him up! She said he was in her fenced yard, and the storm suddenly came and he was terrified of thunder. He must have jumped the fence! She was going to leave school to get him in. The kicker was that we had my father in law's brand new car-and there were bloody paw prints all over. It took a lot of scrubbing, but we got the blood out before we returned the caR!!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION], that's a wonderful story! I love hearing stuff like this. :yes:

btw, I'm a huge fan of Pit Bulls and Parolees and always have to have a box of Kleenex right by me! :cry:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
sometimes I have to turn it off (PB and Parolees) because I can't take it! If I were younger, I would move down there just to help!(but I guess I'd have to go to jail first.)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
This story is just heartbreaking… I've been so worried about all the animals in this state, people are so damn cruel around here it's pathetic!!! I saw some pics on FB of some dogs that froze to death around Knoxville in outside cages that were LOCKED… they were trying to get out. It just absolutely KILLS ME… I just pray that karma or God will give them what they deserve, because I know around here they will just get a slap on the wrist… :*(

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION], that's a wonderful story! I love hearing stuff like this. :yes:

btw, I'm a huge fan of Pit Bulls and Parolees and always have to have a box of Kleenex right by me! :cry:
I always miss it but god how I admire tia and everyone who works so hard to help them.

sometimes I have to turn it off (PB and Parolees) because I can't take it! If I were younger, I would move down there just to help!(but I guess I'd have to go to jail first.)
:rofl: I do believe they have volunteers there too. ;)

This story is just heartbreaking… I've been so worried about all the animals in this state, people are so damn cruel around here it's pathetic!!! I saw some pics on FB of some dogs that froze to death around Knoxville in outside cages that were LOCKED… they were trying to get out. It just absolutely KILLS ME… I just pray that karma or God will give them what they deserve, because I know around here they will just get a slap on the wrist… :*(
My mom is a prosecutor in a pretty large city and any time it comes to animals.. she slaps on the biggest fine she's allowed. If it were up to her it would certainly not be a slap on the wrist, across the face to say the least. I don't think she deals with abuse cases, at least that I know of.
What an awful story. :( my childhood dog, Frazier, came from a similar situation. People... sigh.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Well duh, I am too soon old-too late smart! :grumpa::ohwell:

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Oh! I never put this through! I have an update.

Well i am about in tears right now.... good tears!
I went on a hunt for info... I started at the police station. The officer i spoke with only knew of the dog because his story was in the paper. :eek: He sent me to the animal hospital since all he knew was that the dog was brought there. They gave me no help, except for the phone number of the chief law enforcement officer of our county's SPCA (but that was in the article anyway).

I called him, and he was soooo so nice and thanked me for "stepping up and helping 'Danny.'" He is doing so much better, and was brought to the spca for recovery. He will stay there until he's adoptable (had such a fear he'd wind up in a bad shelter or somewhere with a short clock), and I was told to call back any time for updates. :)

I am so happy I didn't chicken out on getting updates for that poor boy.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington

I went on a hunt for info... I started at the police station. The officer i spoke with only knew of the dog because his story was in the paper. :eek: He sent me to the animal hospital since all he knew was that the dog was brought there. They gave me no help, except for the phone number of the chief law enforcement officer of our county's SPCA (but that was in the article anyway).

I called him, and he was soooo so nice and thanked me for "stepping up and helping 'Danny.'" He is doing so much better, and was brought to the spca for recovery. He will stay there until he's adoptable (had such a fear he'd wind up in a bad shelter or somewhere with a short clock), and I was told to call back any time for updates. :)

thank you sooooo much for the positive update!!! Makes me so happy to know Danny is getting better and is safe right now. [MENTION=9723]jenzaar[/MENTION], when you stopped for this little guy and got him immediate help, you saved his life! I pray that he will be adopted to that loving family he so deserves.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel

Such wonderful news!!! You saved his life! I hope he finds a really good home.

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Aww thank you two. :heart: [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] (don't think I did that right!) What you said brought tears to my eyes.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I can't tell you how happy your update made me. I can't bear the thought of that poor baby out alone and scared and needing help. I always, always think, what if it were Dudley. What if he got out somehow or away from me and was alone and scared...now I'm crying again! Bless your heart for helping Danny! I believe God will bless you in many ways for your help!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

That is so awesome.... Can't wait to hear he is adopted..... So cool!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.