Thread: Sending out a puppy prayer

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member jenzaar's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sending out a puppy prayer

Oh! I never put this through! I have an update.

Well i am about in tears right now.... good tears!
    I went on a hunt for info... I started at the police station. The officer i spoke with only knew of the dog because his story was in the paper. He sent me to the animal hospital since all he knew was that the dog was brought there. They gave me no help, except for the phone number of the chief law enforcement officer of our county's SPCA (but that was in the article anyway).

I called him, and he was soooo so nice and thanked me for "stepping up and helping 'Danny.'" He is doing so much better, and was brought to the spca for recovery. He will stay there until he's adoptable (had such a fear he'd wind up in a bad shelter or somewhere with a short clock), and I was told to call back any time for updates.

I am so happy I didn't chicken out on getting updates for that poor boy.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jenzaar View Post

I went on a hunt for info... I started at the police station. The officer i spoke with only knew of the dog because his story was in the paper. He sent me to the animal hospital since all he knew was that the dog was brought there. They gave me no help, except for the phone number of the chief law enforcement officer of our county's SPCA (but that was in the article anyway).

I called him, and he was soooo so nice and thanked me for "stepping up and helping 'Danny.'" He is doing so much better, and was brought to the spca for recovery. He will stay there until he's adoptable (had such a fear he'd wind up in a bad shelter or somewhere with a short clock), and I was told to call back any time for updates.

thank you sooooo much for the positive update!!! Makes me so happy to know Danny is getting better and is safe right now. @jenzaar, when you stopped for this little guy and got him immediate help, you saved his life! I pray that he will be adopted to that loving family he so deserves.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Such wonderful news!!! You saved his life! I hope he finds a really good home.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)

Aww thank you two. @cali baker (don't think I did that right!) What you said brought tears to my eyes.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)

I can't tell you how happy your update made me. I can't bear the thought of that poor baby out alone and scared and needing help. I always, always think, what if it were Dudley. What if he got out somehow or away from me and was alone and scared...now I'm crying again! Bless your heart for helping Danny! I believe God will bless you in many ways for your help!

Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

That is so awesome.... Can't wait to hear he is adopted..... So cool!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)

Things are sounding really good for Danny!
    I realized that I didn't put up any articles from Wednesday. There is a new one from the SPCA today, and this is more detailed and positive anyway. PLEASE NOTE! There are pictures of him on there, in case it's just too sensitive a subject to see.

http://monmouthcountyspca.org/cruelty-survivor-danny/

It's good to see that so many people want to help him. I'm sure he'll get plenty of donations, and has already received a ton of questions about if he's up for adoption (silly time to ask, but nice to see nonetheless). I think what I will like to do, since I cannot volunteer at this time, is to go there and seek another dog who needs that kind of help most, and sort of sponsor him. Eventually I'd like to do that for bulldogs too, since I know they need it just as much - if not more - but right now this is what feels right for me.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)

Hey all! If anyone is interested.
    I have an article on Danny, and the MSPCA's update page too. Be warned, there are many pics, and he still doesn't look that great. But there is SO MUCH hope for him, and I think you can see it in his eyes.

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf...condition.html

http://monmouthcountyspca.org/cruelty-survivor-danny/

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Aww poor baby, thank goodness he's in a safe place now, and getting the help he needs to get better and strong. He looks so skinny. I hope he gets a loving home that he deserves. God Bless you for stopping to help him. You saved his life. You are definetely his guardian angel.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

I couldn't help myself, I looked at Danny's pictures. There is no doubt in my
    mind, you saved his life that night. It's only by GOD's Grace he was alive at
    that point in his condition, I've never seen that level of starvation...and alive.

What a tremendous fighter Danny is, I will pray for him a great, loving forever
    HOME.

It's appalling, the cruelty humans are capable of...I cry.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Thank God you saved that poor baby... I can't understand WTH is wrong w/people. Please keep us posted on his progress...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Aww poor baby, thank goodness he's in a safe place now, and getting the help he needs to get better and strong. He looks so skinny. I hope he gets a loving home that he deserves. God Bless you for stopping to help him. You saved his life. You are definetely his guardian angel.
    Thank you so much, you are so sweet.
    I have no doubt he will find a loving forever home. I'm sure the spca will take special consideration in finding him the perfect family.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    I couldn't help myself, I looked at Danny's pictures. There is no doubt in my
    mind, you saved his life that night. It's only by GOD's Grace he was alive at
    that point in his condition, I've never seen that level of starvation...and alive.

What a tremendous fighter Danny is, I will pray for him a great, loving forever
    HOME.

It's appalling, the cruelty humans are capable of...I cry.
    Thank you, Carol.
    I honestly wasn't sure if he'd make it through the night. So glad he did.

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Thank God you saved that poor baby... I can't understand WTH is wrong w/people. Please keep us posted on his progress...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I will! He's getting so much attention so I don't think it will be hard to come by updates. I'm sure there's already a list of people who want to adopt.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads