Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I found this while reading my morning news and it is quite an interesting little article (sadly not detailed enough) especially with much less wrinkly bully (compared to a heavily one) it always made my wandered how a modern bulldogs if put back in time be capable of bull fighting (it would be impossible) and the way boxers looked have surprised me quite a lot xx
Anyway i thought someone might find this interesting (Lisa i hope it is ok for me to post the link xx)
http://www.dogster.com/the-scoop/do...ions?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Interesting article...I am always conflicted about this issue and my love of the bulldog breed.

I am glad poor breeding practices are getting some attention though. I think the New York Times article on how unhealthy our bullies have become really shed light on this important issue.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Im currently watching on youtube bbc report "pedigree dogs exposed" -what an eye opener !! (Bulldogs included)

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 121
OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
That is interesting Pati. I love reading about bulldogs and their history..there was a great 8page article in the NY Times called "CanThe English Bulldog be Saved?" That was very good..
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/magazine/can-the-bulldog-be-saved.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0
Thank you im going to check it out ;-) i live reading about dogs in general , i know that every author has their own opinion about things ,and in many cases informations about the same topic can be different ,but that makes it interesting xx

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
this is going to be a good read... if I ever have the time :blink:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.