Meet our lizards, too :)

Heather Wilson

Nov 18, 2013
San Diego, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter
I also rescue bearded dragons and my husband bought me a frilled dragon. Meet Doctor Zhivago Einstein (aka Doc - the bearded dragon) and Gilder-the frilled dragon. Walter was confused at first, but he and Doc get along well. They are always 101% supervised. Glider is still too little to get to know Walter, but maybe in a year or so. :)

1.jpgbrotherfromanothermother.gifscalebabies.jpggilder.jpgGlider2.jpgDoc2.jpgDocblanket.jpgDocsmiles.jpgIMG95201303069516182095789.jpgKIMG0065.jpg

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Omg the second picture in Walter looks like omg wth is that thing :D love em lizards r sooooo cool I want a snake na bearded dragon but my fiancé is afraid of them lol (n I'm the girl)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I too, am hysterical at the look on Walter's face~such a good boy!

Your lizards are too cool and any rescuer is a hero/heroine in my book,
GOD bless you!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Walter's face is killing me, so cute!!! Lizards are very cool, Thankfully my kids haven't hit me up w/that one yet… we've just had guinea pigs, fish, cats, etc… LOL

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Loving the pictures ;-)) your baby's face where hes sitting next to a lizard is priceless

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Oh these pics make me miss my Dweeb... He was the 4.5 foot Savannah Monitor that i used to own many years ago. He was fun to walk on a leash and would roam my fenced yard until the neighbors cats went missing.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Heather, your Walter is so adorable, and I live his face. I can't 100% say I feel the same about the dragons, I love them from afar. Lol. They are cool animals though, they just creep me out, that and snakes. My son grew up with mostly Iguanas, and he "babysat" a Mexican Boa snake for a friend while he moved when he was in high school, but his friend never came back for the snake, and he ended up giving it to a friend who had experience with snakes. Snakes creep me out the most. He bought a snake last year a Mexican Boa, named Loki, but we think it was sick from the beginning, as it wouldnt eat, and ended up dying soon after he got it, and of course the store wouldnt do anything aboutbit. He now has a King snake, and of course his name is Elvis. I have to admit he does look cool, but I still won't hold it, I have watched it eat it's mice, and I am totally freaked out about those little feeder mice. I feel sad that they are born just to be frozen and then fed to snakes, plus my son keeps a box of frozen mice in my basement freezer. Needless to say I don't want to put my food in there anymore. Lol. Right now the snake is small, but I don't know how I will feel about it when it gets to be 7 or 8 feet at full growth.

Last edited:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh these pics make me miss my Dweeb... He was the 4.5 foot Savannah Monitor that i used to own many years ago. He was fun to walk on a leash and would roam my fenced yard until the neighbors cats went missing.
Ya know I have a feeling you are quite a handful. You make me laugh all the time.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for posting these cool pictures! Walter is far cuter to me then the dragon :yes:. I too love his face in that second shot, looks like he's ready to say get me outta here!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amazing picutres! I don't think Amber or Ruby would be so calm with a lizzard. I know they wouldn't; we have lizzards in our backyard, toads, and ground squirrels and neither of them are tolerate of any of them. As soon as Amber or Ruby sees one they start the chase and it is on until it climbs the brick walls or the trees. My bullies love Search our cat but they won't share space with a lizzard, toad or squirrel.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Walter has a look of ..... seriously, you want me to play with him??

OP
Heather Wilson

Heather Wilson

Nov 18, 2013
San Diego, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter
Hi Alicia, your Walter is so adorable, and I live his face. I can't 100% say I feel the same about the dragons, I love them from afar. Lol. They are cool animals though, they just creep me out, that and snakes. My son grew up with mostly Iguanas, and he "babysat" a Mexican Boa snake for a friend while he moved when he was in high school, but his friend never came back for the snake, and he ended up giving it to a friend who had experience with snakes. Snakes creep me out the most. He bought a snake last year a Mexican Boa, named Loki, but we think it was sick from the beginning, as it wouldnt eat, and ended up dying soon after he got it, and of course the store wouldnt do anything aboutbit. He now has a King snake, and of course his name is Elvis. I have to admit he does look cool, but I still won't hold it, I have watched it eat it's mice, and I am totally freaked out about those little feeder mice. I feel sad that they are born just to be frozen and then fed to snakes, plus my son keeps a box of frozen mice in my basement freezer. Needless to say I don't want to put my food in there anymore. Lol. Right now the snake is small, but I don't know how I will feel about it when it gets to be 7 or 8 feet at full growth.
Hi there. I am Heather, actually - not Alicia. :)

Yeah, be careful with the snakes. I like them, but they take a certain type of home and I just don't have the room for one when it grows up!

OP
Heather Wilson

Heather Wilson

Nov 18, 2013
San Diego, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter
Thanks, everyone! Yeah, Walter wasn't so calm at first. It took quite a few times of 'introducing' them for him to be okay with it - and I also think that picture of them together is HILARIOUS LOL!!! :no:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry, Heather for the wrong name, I looked at the post to see your name, but I must have looked at the post after yours. So Sorry, I corrected it on my post. I know what you mean, and I'm not crazy about having a fully grown snake in my house. I hope it never gets out. I'll totally freak out.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.