Heather
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Walter
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Meet our lizards, too :)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Hi Alicia, your Walter is so adorable, and I live his face. I can't 100% say I feel the same about the dragons, I love them from afar. Lol. They are cool animals though, they just creep me out, that and snakes. My son grew up with mostly Iguanas, and he "babysat" a Mexican Boa snake for a friend while he moved when he was in high school, but his friend never came back for the snake, and he ended up giving it to a friend who had experience with snakes. Snakes creep me out the most. He bought a snake last year a Mexican Boa, named Loki, but we think it was sick from the beginning, as it wouldnt eat, and ended up dying soon after he got it, and of course the store wouldnt do anything aboutbit. He now has a King snake, and of course his name is Elvis. I have to admit he does look cool, but I still won't hold it, I have watched it eat it's mice, and I am totally freaked out about those little feeder mice. I feel sad that they are born just to be frozen and then fed to snakes, plus my son keeps a box of frozen mice in my basement freezer. Needless to say I don't want to put my food in there anymore. Lol. Right now the snake is small, but I don't know how I will feel about it when it gets to be 7 or 8 feet at full growth.
    Hi there. I am Heather, actually - not Alicia.

Yeah, be careful with the snakes. I like them, but they take a certain type of home and I just don't have the room for one when it grows up!

Real Name
    Heather
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Walter
    Likes (Received)

Thanks, everyone! Yeah, Walter wasn't so calm at first. It took quite a few times of 'introducing' them for him to be okay with it - and I also think that picture of them together is HILARIOUS LOL!!!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry, Heather for the wrong name, I looked at the post to see your name, but I must have looked at the post after yours. So Sorry, I corrected it on my post. I know what you mean, and I'm not crazy about having a fully grown snake in my house. I hope it never gets out. I'll totally freak out.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry, Heather for the wrong name, I looked at the post to see your name, but I must have looked at the post after yours. So Sorry, I corrected it on my post. I know what you mean, and I'm not crazy about having a fully grown snake in my house. I hope it never gets out. I'll totally freak out.
    Hehe I'm Alicia
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Oh geez. I give up. I should just say your dogs names, so much easier. Lol. So sorry
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

I thought it was funny I knew what u did as soon as i saw it that's ok I was calling some guy a girl in almost every post until someone pmed me n was like ummmmm he's a guy not a girl lol I had a good laugh over it
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

I LOVE BEARDED DRAGONS and yours is super duper cute! That bright yellow color just screams HAPPY! After crested geckos they're my 2nd favorite reptile. I don't have one though. I rescued a Leopard gecko but he's a nervous little guy so I can't have him out with the dogs.

Do you know what kind of Kingsnake he is? California King Snakes normally only go to at most 4 feet long usually ranging closer to 3 feet. Eastern Kings are bigger but most of them stay around the 4-5 feet range with only a few subspecies that go to 7 feet.

My 2 kids have 6 snakes between them. All ball pythons. The biggest of which is 3kg and 4.5 feet long. My sons like to play with them on their Halo battle table with their toy soldiers and military vehicles. They also like to watch TV, or do homework with one of them wrapped around their arms or hiding under their shirts.

I just got used to them around that it doesn't bother me anymore. I like decorating up their habitats. The kids are not good with taking care of the dogs - they tend to skip brushing or cleaning their nose ropes and such. But they're awesome with the snakes. Changes their water everyday and checks their habitats everyday and feeding them and cleaning their substrate and all that without me having to tell them to do it. They're easy to care for and they are fine if the kids skip a day or two with the care. I like that I don't have to do anything with them - they don't make noises or dig the flowerpot or cause allergies or get in the way...

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads