jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
View attachment 54026
thinking about our Dane we had, she's been gone five yrs but miss her like it was yesterday! Our son was a baby and as you can see she protected him!

View attachment 54025
Such a pretty girl!

View attachment 54021
she caught on quick to the ice maker! Learned to push with her nose and let the ice fall!! she actually emptied our ice maker once!!!

View attachment 54028
napping by dad and baby, but still doing protective duty!!

Just been on my mind and thought i'd share!!

Last edited:
OP
jlcox24

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
DSC_0292.jpgDSC_0006.jpgharleysigg.jpgSleepy Harley.jpgHarley Ice.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
so sweet.... they are ALWAYS on your mind and in your heart.

I take it the fridge was her water bowl? ;)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
She was a beautiful girl, so sorry for your loss :(

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Beautiful girl. I know it has been 5 year but I sorry for your loss.

OP
jlcox24

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
so sweet.... they are ALWAYS on your mind and in your heart.

I take it the fridge was her water bowl? ;)
she never hit the water button just the ice!! But if you didn't chase her away she would empty it in a heart beat!!! I can't believe how shiny her coat was for some reason I forgot, I was looking thru and decided to post as she was My husband and I's first dog/child together, I just wish she would have lived past 2, I can see how much "trouble" my son and her would have been!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
she never hit the water button just the ice!! But if you didn't chase her away she would empty it in a heart beat!!! I can't believe how shiny her coat was for some reason I forgot, I was looking thru and decided to post as she was My husband and I's first dog/child together, I just wish she would have lived past 2, I can see how much "trouble" my son and her would have been!

Yeah, i am thinking you son would have been riding her!!! How did she pass?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Such cute pictures but i love the ice maker one. They never leave our minds and somedays they're closer to us than others. What a cute white nose she had too.

OP
jlcox24

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Yeah, i am thinking you son would have been riding her!!! How did she pass?

We don't know, We talked with the breeder and turns out after our girl died, they had a sister and mom die unexpectedly too. They said they believe it was a heart condition. We didn't pay for an autopsy b/c although it would have been nice to know it wouldn't have brought her back. They were planning another littler with a sister of her, but when the dogs passed they stopped breeding, thinking it was genitic. We actually had been visiting family in MO, and she was home with a marine my husband worked with that was house/dog sitting for us, we were in TN stopped over night when we got the call early in the am that she was fine when she went to bed, he went to let her outta her crate and she was dead. The poor guy went with us to have her cremated, he felt horrible, he actually shed a few tears too (I don't think he wanted us to notice) He really felt terrible even though there was nothing that he did or really could have done, she was sleeping in the room with him just in her crate so I think she must have passed peacefully or he would have heard her in distress??? She is the one that I said I would clone her if money was no issue and it was possible!! Thanks for all your thoughts she's been heavily on my mind recently!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We don't know, We talked with the breeder and turns out after our girl died, they had a sister and mom die unexpectedly too. They said they believe it was a heart condition. We didn't pay for an autopsy b/c although it would have been nice to know it wouldn't have brought her back. They were planning another littler with a sister of her, but when the dogs passed they stopped breeding, thinking it was genitic. We actually had been visiting family in MO, and she was home with a marine my husband worked with that was house/dog sitting for us, we were in TN stopped over night when we got the call early in the am that she was fine when she went to bed, he went to let her outta her crate and she was dead. The poor guy went with us to have her cremated, he felt horrible, he actually shed a few tears too (I don't think he wanted us to notice) He really felt terrible even though there was nothing that he did or really could have done, she was sleeping in the room with him just in her crate so I think she must have passed peacefully or he would have heard her in distress??? She is the one that I said I would clone her if money was no issue and it was possible!! Thanks for all your thoughts she's been heavily on my mind recently!

seems so many of our fur babies go this way, which is good in a way -- peaceful. I lost Nitschke in a similar manner, he was fine the day before, woke up vomited and regardless of what/why, it felt wrong to me so I made a vet appointment as soon as they opened that day.... we lost him that afternoon, his heart gave out. it is close to two years and there is not a day that passes that he is ot a thought in my mind or a n ache in my heart.

Whenever you need to share or talk about her, just post the picture and we are here

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
She was beautiful! So sorry she passed so young!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.