Wallace the Pit Bull

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Wallace is going to Rainbow Bridge today. [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] shared with us his story last Christmas, and I've been a huge fan since then. In short, he was a wee pitbull in a shelter and was close to his last day when his new parents pulled him out. He had such a passion for life for someone who was abandoned. He turned out to be a frisbee champion (unsure what the correct term is). His parents and him strived to spread the word to give a shelter/rescue dogs another chance at living a spoiled life.

His fb name is "Wallace the Pit Bull" for those that would love to know more.

Rest in peace my friend. You'll be forever loved.

This was just posted on his page.

It's time.... I've given my life everything I have. I'm continuing to be strong because that's who I am, but Roo and Clara can tell that it's now time for me to rest. This time will come for all of us. We don't always have control over when it does, but we do have control over being satisfied at that moment knowing we gave it our best shot. Though my body will soon be gone, my hope is that you will continue to tell my story, so Wallace the Pit Bull lives on. Roo and Clara will have more to say after I pass, and my hope is that people will listen to the lessons we all learned through our time together. I would like to thank everybody for their overwhelming support. Without all of you, I would not have been able to make the same impact; then, now, and in the future. I thank you for that, but more importantly, other dogs like me thank you as well. Remember, there are great dogs of all shapes and sizes in shelters across the country. They are there through no fault of their own. So please, when you're looking for your next dog, think about giving one of them a second chance. You just never know how it will turn out. With that, I say good-bye. Try not to be sad. Instead celebrate my life. I do not need to live longer because I can die contentedly. That is something I wish for all living beings. - Wallace the Pit Bull

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I saw this on Facebook and cried. I knew this day's been coming for the last year for Wallace and his wonderful family. They alone made Wallace a role model for the stigma that the name "Pit Bull" has, mainly thanks to our biased news media and the breed bans. I have followed Wallace ever since and got his book "Wallace the Pit Bull"last year for Christmas. Wallace has had a "Bucket List" of things he's been doing too, like riding in a convertible, etc. He's going to be missed dearly by so many! :cry: :( :cry:

Thank you for posting this Jill. :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Prayers to Wallace and his family.....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.