The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We are waiting on appointment day to arrivel for my 9yo Ridgeback Sasha. She is starting to show her age a bit and has a few skin tags and a fat pocket that we are going to have removed in the coming weeks. However, over the last week or so she has started to get bloody noses here and there. Upon inspection we can see a growth inside her right nostril. We previously had another Ridgeback that has something very similar and it turned out to be an aggressive form of cancer and had to have him put down. So the waiting game will begin soon as we are going to have a biopsy done to find out what it is. If it is cancer I don't know what we will do. She is my liver nosed baby but at her age and based on past experiences with Ridigies they don't do really well with anesthesia in advanced years and I have had several that started have seizures or strokes shortly afterwards and I don't know if I can do that to her. The waiting game sucks.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm so sorry Todd..:( Senior pets teach us so very much, but the heartache can be overwhelming. It will help that you are thinking things through and I hope for the best.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh NO Todd... I'm so very sorry!!! I have a 9 year old boxer Roxie, and I know it's so hard to watch her deteriorate w/age. Praying that you get some good news on Sasha, and honestly I'm praying that your family gets a break from all the bad news lately. Seems like you guys keep getting hit... just hang in there!!! :pray: :hug2:

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Oh NO Todd... I'm so very sorry!!! I have a 9 year old boxer Roxie, and I know it's so hard to watch her deteriorate w/age. Praying that you get some good news on Sasha, and honestly I'm praying that your family gets a break from all the bad news lately. Seems like you guys keep getting hit... just hang in there!!! :pray: :hug2:
Thank you. It is our family luck I guess. We lost our 13yo boxer Remi back in May due to the early stages of liver and kidney failure. Usually comes in 3's but this time around it a set of 4.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm sorry man. I know what you're going through. I hope it is nothing and everything will be fine.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
The inevitable heartbreak of losing our pets is the price we pay for the unconditional love we receive from them.
Focus on the good times and what's best for your girl. That's all you can do.:grouphug:

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Sorry to hear, will be praying for a good outcome!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
The inevitable heartbreak of losing our pets is the price we pay for the unconditional love we receive from them.
Focus on the good times and what's best for your girl. That's all you can do.:grouphug:

Such great words from Lari, I so agree.

Y'all have been on a bad rollercoaster ride lately, I bet y'all are just worn out...praying for y'all.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Such great words from Lari, I so agree.

Y'all have been on a bad rollercoaster ride lately, I bet y'all are just worn out...praying for y'all.

We are ready for the ride to end and enter the station for sure. It's been going on for well over a year as me and my wife are dealing with my father who has been fighting bladder cancer since April of last year.

Regardless thank you everyone for your comments, thoughts and prayers. It is nice to have a place to express these things.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We are ready for the ride to end and enter the station for sure. It's been going on for well over a year as me and my wife are dealing with my father who has been fighting bladder cancer since April of last year.

Regardless thank you everyone for your comments, thoughts and prayers. It is nice to have a place to express these things.

I'm so sorry Todd... I've dealt w/cancer too, and it's VERY hard on the entire family. Prayers to you & your family... Please feel free to vent anytime!!!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I'm so sorry Todd... I've dealt w/cancer too, and it's VERY hard on the entire family. Prayers to you & your family... Please feel free to vent anytime!!!

Thank you. Cancer is what took my mother 9 years ago so going throught it again really sucks. At least my dad is in remission now after his last surgery 2 months ago.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you. Cancer is what took my mother 9 years ago so going throught it again really sucks. At least my dad is in remission now after his last surgery 2 months ago.

Oh that's terrible... My Dad had cancer & suffered for 2 years w/surgeries, chemo & radiation. I was 23 at the time & living in Germany... it was horrible! Of course when you go thru hell your realize how precious life is, and how much family means.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Oh that's terrible... My Dad had cancer & suffered for 2 years w/surgeries, chemo & radiation. I was 23 at the time & living in Germany... it was horrible! Of course when you go thru hell your realize how precious life is, and how much family means.

Amen to that. I have family that moved back to help us with my dad but hasn't done squat in those 9 years.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Well our worst fears have come true. Our riddgie Sasha has an aggressive form of cancer with tumors going from her nose down to her lungs. So it is with a heavy heart that she will be crossing over to the rainbow bridge on Monday to be with her brothers Rusty our ridgeback we lost in 2010, Remi our boxer we lost back in May and her sister Milyn another ridgback we lost to a cancer tumor on her heart last year. We had several vets look at her and all agreed with the diagnosis and that we would be lucky if she made it another month or two as it was going to become painful for here in the coming weeks. So we brought her home to have one last loving weekend with her and to try and make her as comfortable as possible. I will miss her but I know she will be up ther looking down on us and playing with her family and snacking on McDonalds french fries.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.