Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pit troubles

Real Name
    Nikki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pit troubles

@Vicaroo1000 I already do all those thigs, bc I AM a HUGE cesae millan fan. Toys, food, bed, couch, claiming those thimgs are easy. How do I claim the counter especially from another room?

The leash thimg has been workimg so far, even if we aremt holdimg the other end...its almost like magic, I just wonder how long before she will just always be in that state of mind.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Excellent advice given, I also need to practice more of these skills! I say "me" rather than my bullies because I know where my faults lie!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Noyes27 View Post
    @Vicaroo1000 I already do all those thigs, bc I AM a HUGE cesae millan fan. Toys, food, bed, couch, claiming those thimgs are easy. How do I claim the counter especially from another room?

The leash thimg has been workimg so far, even if we aremt holdimg the other end...its almost like magic, I just wonder how long before she will just always be in that state of mind.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
    If you have claimed the counter tops and the garbage can, and your pup is still helping himself to those things, I would say that you have not claimed them as yours. If everything you "own" truly belongs to the pack leader, then there's a question in your dog's mind about who's the real pack leader. I'm no expert believe me. I also know that whatever drives a dog to do what he's not supposed to do, there are certainly times when fear/anxiety/or ??? trumps "pack leader".

Case in point: Bo's ear medication.

He almost broke my wrist this morning, trying to drag me with him under the bed to avoid getting a dose of the stuff. OK, I should have LET GO when he went running under there at full speed --- LOL but still. That medicine must feel so weird, it trumps all reason. No cookie or high value treat is enough to allow me to put the stuff into his ear. Nothing. Today, I'm going to call the vet and see if there's a shot he can give him. I don't know what else to do! His ear is still bothering him and left unattended, it will only get worse!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -ouch-jpg  

Real Name
    Nikki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

Oh no! When Mack has to get ear drops my bf and I tag team him. But he also gets a treat after and lately his eye drops have been much easier bc I trap him between my legs and he gives up.

So sorry about your wrist, hopefull the dr can give you an alternative option!

Things seem to be improving a little as far as the counters, partially by me nagging the humans to not leave ANYTHING on the countet, and that they have to keep her RIGHT next to them all the time.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads