Update on Chelios' surgery

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just hung up with our vet.... Cheli has 3/4 of an inch of palate tissue hanging in his throat !!! :eek:

And, his nares are very tight, so they will be widening them as well. All else looks great and I will get a call after the procedure is completed.

This would definitely explain the apnea!

L

Lucy-licious

Oh goodness....praying everything goes well and he has a speedy recovery. Little guys gonna feel like a new puppy when he's breathing easy :hug:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Christine, i was just gonna type a "waiting to hear about Chelios", so thanks for letting us know. Sounds like he's in very good hands and will be feeling so much better in just a little while!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
So scary in general but with the visual of his palate hanging out is even scarier. I've been thinking of him all morning. Just think of all the air that he'll be able to get now....he'll be flying!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow that explains a lot! Well be waiting and praying for good news

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
so is he outta the woods yet?

Correct.... the call took place after the evaluation to see what would need to be done. Our vet has always worked this way... he talks with you about what the issues are and then does an eval while the pup is sedated and calls you immediately upon completing the eval. Then if you agree with what needs to be done, he goes back in to do the procedure and he then calls as soon as he is done with everything.

LOVE this guy!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks, gang! I really can not imagine how hard is was for him to breathe all this time, but he will be all fixed up today!

Becky - you are right., Banks is gonna need a vitamin B12 shot to keep up with him now

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's really good to hear, boy oh boy is he going to feel like a new bully!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Is he home? How's he feeling?

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Christine, we went through this with Mabel in February. It's not a fun surgery, but you will see a difference in Chelios that will make you so happy you had this done. Mabel still has respiratory problems, but nothing like before. She also had a soft palate that was hanging down in her throat. The worst part of the recovery was the nares, but it may not be as bad as Mabel's were--depending on how the vet did the procedure. Hugs to you and Chelios--I know how much you worried! :hug2:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online