Chelios is having surgery on Tuesday 5/28

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I hope all goes well. Is this the same vet that you got him from that will be operating?

Yes, Lari... Dr. Rossi will be doing the work. He also referred us to another surgeon at a different practice to get a second opinion. Dr. Cabell she did Nitschke procedure - but we are very comfortable and trust Joe entirely.

I've often wondered (lately) if Bea needs to have hers trimmed up. She seems easily winded...and she most always snores. How did you know that it was apnea as opposed to just a snorey dog?

Hoping for an easy surgery and quick recovery for sweet Chelios - if it's even needed at all. :heart:

Vicki... he totally stops breathing several times a night. I have him sleeping on my arm so I can feel him stop... I wake up, blow air in his face and he will start breathing again. Nitschke did the same thing until his palate and nares were fixed.... snoring continues, not as loud, but the apnea stops.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Vicki... he totally stops breathing several times a night. I have him sleeping on my arm so I can feel him stop... I wake up, blow air in his face and he will start breathing again. Nitschke did the same thing until his palate and nares were fixed.... snoring continues, not as loud, but the apnea stops.

Oh Jeez. Oh man. Panic-city. Wow. How in the world did you discover this? I bet you haven't had a decent night's sleep since before Nitschke went to the bridge.... Awwww. I wish I could come and help you... do something. I'll be watching this thread for updates and the good news that little Chelios' apnea has been completely repaired. :heart:

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh Jeez. Oh man. Panic-city. Wow. How in the world did you discover this? I bet you haven't had a decent night's sleep since before Nitschke went to the bridge.... Awwww. I wish I could come and help you... do something. I'll be watching this thread for updates and the good news that little Chelios' apnea has been completely repaired. :heart:

I noticed it when he naps next to me on the weekends... like now I am on the couch and he is on the right side and Banks on the left side of me. Banks does not snore, rarely does she... Cheli at
22 lbs sounds like a 20ft chain saw. One day shortly after he was home with us I noticed he stopped snoring/breathing.. I picked up his head and his eyes were open a tiny bit, and his body started to shake... blew air in his face and he took a deep breath and went back to snoring. With Cheli it seems like old hat, scary still, but when it happened with Nitschke and I did not know any better... panic was a constant until he had the procedure. and, yes, sleep for me over the past year and a 1/2 is very light is I am ALWAYS tired. as much as I look forward to him being better and me sleeping through the night - I hate having to put him under, but I do trust our vet, he really is a true animal lover and has amazing passion for his work.

Last edited:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Good luck Cheli, you will feel so much better after the surgery! I'll be thinking of him Tuesday, keep us posted!

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Thinking of you and Chelios. Miss T had her palatte done and it made the world of difference. Buster will have to get his nares done soon. They are tiny. I know it is always distressing to have to do surgery with our babies and my thoughts and prayers are with you. :hug:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
thinking of you guys!! i hope all goes well and the little guy can breathe great!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Hoping everything went well and you'll be sleeping like babies, both of you!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.