JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
This is Tacoma, my husband's cousin's dog. Her name is Keri and she's more like a sister to him and a daughter to me. Keri's had Tacoma since she was 18 and she's now 33. This Saturday Tacoma will be saying hello to Ace and Orion at Rainbow Bridge. It's Tacoma's time and I will be with Keri during the process of her crossing over to the other side. :cry: It's not going to be easy, she's a sweet sweet dog and Keri's companion for so long. I just had to share. Not looking forward to Saturday. :cry: :( Keri lost her Mom a couple of years back and her Dad a long time ago. She's an only child and I know this is going to be really really hard on her.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So sorry to hear, you can see in his face what a total sweetheart he is. Im glad you will be able to be with her in her time of need. :cry:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Thanks Kelly. Keri's good with the decision and it is Tacoma's time. I feel sad for her. It never gets easier and this will be her first to let go. Mike and I will both be there with her and we'll be bringing her other dog, Luke with us so he can say goodbye too.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh man, so sorry. :( Sounds like such a special friend, it's so hard to let go. You're a great person for being there Jeannie. Mike too. He looks very sweet I can't imagine how much all if you are hurting right now. :hug:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
So sorry to hear this :( It's a difficult decision to make! My prayers are with you all xoxo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Awe, I feel her heartache. You are such a wonderful friend to help her through this. I'm an only child, too, but my Mom is still alive. I'm so very very sorry about your friend Keri having to put Tacoma down. I hope she'll fill the void in her heart with another dog, soon. They make such a wonderful impact on our lives but aren't with us nearly long enough.
God Bless!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Nothing like an Old Dog's eyes. You can look at their souls and it just makes you feel peaceful. You're right Jeannie, it won't be easy..but having you all there will help a lot. We've been with friends and had friends with us during the crossing.
:(

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
I remember so well the last time we had to do that, it is never easy but it helps to have someone who understands the power of that love. It is so good of you to be there for her. Sending lots of love.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Well I'm late n the deed will have been done but I just wanted to say rip dear friend n companion. Your good to be there for her SIS

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
So very sad to hear this news and my heart hurts for Keri's enormous loss.

Saying prayers over all and may GOD comfort & console your hearts.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Aw, what a beauty! She looks like she had a wonderful life, which is all anyone can ask. RIP sweet girl!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hug: and prayers ... RIP sweet girl

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
You can tell from her eyes that she is very much loved. It is not going to be easy, but she will know that it is being done out of love. I'll be thinking of you all tomorrow. :*(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online