Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)

Default HELP .. attacked dog..

Please help..

My sisters female husky has attacked her yorkshire terrior when they were out. Its not like her but with my sister having 2 young children she cant take any chances and the husky will ve re homed asap.

Anyway.. The yorkshire terrior is breathing quite oddly now. My sister has checked him over and bathed him as there was quite a bit of blood and soaked the wounds in salt water he has NO wounds near his chest / lung and stomach area theyr on his face and most are like scratches rather than deep wounds. His eye is quite badly cut though and looks sore.. She has said its bloodshot quite badly (im not sure how sore and where wound is exactly im just stating what my sister put in the texts) ..
    Could he be breathing oddly from shock ? Or does she need to get him to an emergancy vet? He lets you touch wounds and bathes them and apart from shaking he seems ok xx
    Last edited by MeekosMummy; 03-13-2013 at 04:09 PM.
    Xx.Demari-Jay & Meeko.xX

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: HELP .. attacked dog..

I really have no experience with anything like this, just wanted to say good luck to your sister, I will tag a few people. If it was me I would take the dog to the vet to be on the safe side.

Real Name
    Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)

Thankyou for tagging people. The vets are closed and the emergancy vets are quite a distance away he will definatly be going but were just trying to work out if he will be okay until the morning for the local family vet or not. Thankyou for your help. Shes said he keeps sneezing but sounds wierd like a choke (to me that sounds like a backwards sneeze) x
    Xx.Demari-Jay & Meeko.xX

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I would hate to speculate, but if his nose was hurt, then that might be why he is sneezing, and he may be doing a reverse sneeze. But with out hearing it, I don't know for sure. Just have her watch him and f he get worse with his breathing then she should take him in, but if he stays the same then I would think she can wait till tomorrow to take him to her vet.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Lucy-licious

Oh no, poor little man. Just advise her to keep an eye on him and if he gets worse to take the drive to the vet. Does your local vet not have an emergency call out? Try ringing the office sometimes the answer machine tells you where to call in emergency x

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Poor thing. I'm wondering if the breathing problem could be from a fractured rib possibly? That's quite a size difference between the two dogs and the yorkie unfortunately got the bad end of the fight. She should call her vet and at least la e a message - they may check voicemail and call her back. its worth a shot. Does she know if it was the husky or yorkie that provoke the fight? I sure hope he'll be ok.

That's too bad about having to rehome the husky but sometimes it's for the best of all.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Poor thing. I'm wondering if the breathing problem could be from a fractured rib possibly? That's quite a size difference between the two dogs and the yorkie unfortunately got the bad end of the fight. She should call her vet and at least la e a message - they may check voicemail and call her back. its worth a shot. Does she know if it was the husky or yorkie that provoke the fight? I sure hope he'll be ok.

That's too bad about having to rehome the husky but sometimes it's for the best of all.
    I was thinking the same thing about a broken rib. I'd call the vet, too.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

If the dog is shivering it could be cold and possibly in shock, wrap and hold in a towel to see if it will stop.... If the breathing is still irregular, I would call the e-vet. Perhaps they can Skype the e-vet since it's so far away and get some sort of diagnosis whether or not to hit the road.

Please keep us updated
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Agree with above, check the gums and tongue make sure they are pink in color. If they look bluish purple that means they are not getting any oxygen

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)

Shes on her way to the emergancy vets we have 3 local vets but they all put you through to the same out of hours emergancy vet. Shes on her way down now because hes not calming down with his breathing and shaking.

Theyr not sure who provoked it.. The yorkshire terrior doesnt have any teeth so the husky doesnt have a mark on her.. Neither have an agressive side and are both brilliant with other dogs.. I personally have said to her .. Ellie the husky is 8months old and yet to have her first season. Rocky the yorkshire terrior is nearly 6yrs old and un-neutered because hes never humped marked his territory etc.
    I have said to my sister my personal opinion is maybe ellie bear is coming into heat soon and rocky got a bit frisky with her and she didnt like it..
    Xx.Demari-Jay & Meeko.xX

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

glad they are going to the e-vet. good call
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)

Thankyou all i can always rely on u lot in an emergancy

I hope they give ellie a chance even just a few days to prove herself to them.. shes meekos best friend :-( and i dont think its fair rehoming her because Rocky has been hurt.. Nobody knows how badly hurt Ellie could have been if Rocky still had any of his teeth. And nobody knows what happend as they were out. Il keep you all updated xx
    Xx.Demari-Jay & Meeko.xX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads