MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Please help..

My sisters female husky has attacked her yorkshire terrior when they were out. Its not like her but with my sister having 2 young children she cant take any chances and the husky will ve re homed asap.

Anyway.. The yorkshire terrior is breathing quite oddly now. My sister has checked him over and bathed him as there was quite a bit of blood and soaked the wounds in salt water he has NO wounds near his chest / lung and stomach area theyr on his face and most are like scratches rather than deep wounds. His eye is quite badly cut though and looks sore.. She has said its bloodshot quite badly (im not sure how sore and where wound is exactly im just stating what my sister put in the texts) ..
Could he be breathing oddly from shock ? Or does she need to get him to an emergancy vet? He lets you touch wounds and bathes them and apart from shaking he seems ok xx

Last edited:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I really have no experience with anything like this, just wanted to say good luck to your sister, I will tag a few people. If it was me I would take the dog to the vet to be on the safe side.

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Thankyou for tagging people. The vets are closed and the emergancy vets are quite a distance away he will definatly be going but were just trying to work out if he will be okay until the morning for the local family vet or not. Thankyou for your help. Shes said he keeps sneezing but sounds wierd like a choke (to me that sounds like a backwards sneeze) x

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would hate to speculate, but if his nose was hurt, then that might be why he is sneezing, and he may be doing a reverse sneeze. But with out hearing it, I don't know for sure. Just have her watch him and f he get worse with his breathing then she should take him in, but if he stays the same then I would think she can wait till tomorrow to take him to her vet.

L

Lucy-licious

Oh no, poor little man. Just advise her to keep an eye on him and if he gets worse to take the drive to the vet. Does your local vet not have an emergency call out? Try ringing the office sometimes the answer machine tells you where to call in emergency x

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Poor thing. I'm wondering if the breathing problem could be from a fractured rib possibly? That's quite a size difference between the two dogs and the yorkie unfortunately got the bad end of the fight. She should call her vet and at least la e a message - they may check voicemail and call her back. its worth a shot. Does she know if it was the husky or yorkie that provoke the fight? I sure hope he'll be ok.

That's too bad about having to rehome the husky but sometimes it's for the best of all.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Poor thing. I'm wondering if the breathing problem could be from a fractured rib possibly? That's quite a size difference between the two dogs and the yorkie unfortunately got the bad end of the fight. She should call her vet and at least la e a message - they may check voicemail and call her back. its worth a shot. Does she know if it was the husky or yorkie that provoke the fight? I sure hope he'll be ok.

That's too bad about having to rehome the husky but sometimes it's for the best of all.
I was thinking the same thing about a broken rib. I'd call the vet, too.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
If the dog is shivering it could be cold and possibly in shock, wrap and hold in a towel to see if it will stop.... If the breathing is still irregular, I would call the e-vet. Perhaps they can Skype the e-vet since it's so far away and get some sort of diagnosis whether or not to hit the road.

Please keep us updated

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree with above, check the gums and tongue make sure they are pink in color. If they look bluish purple that means they are not getting any oxygen

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Shes on her way to the emergancy vets we have 3 local vets but they all put you through to the same out of hours emergancy vet. Shes on her way down now because hes not calming down with his breathing and shaking.

Theyr not sure who provoked it.. The yorkshire terrior doesnt have any teeth so the husky doesnt have a mark on her.. Neither have an agressive side and are both brilliant with other dogs.. I personally have said to her .. Ellie the husky is 8months old and yet to have her first season. Rocky the yorkshire terrior is nearly 6yrs old and un-neutered because hes never humped marked his territory etc.
I have said to my sister my personal opinion is maybe ellie bear is coming into heat soon and rocky got a bit frisky with her and she didnt like it..

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
glad they are going to the e-vet. good call

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Thankyou all i can always rely on u lot in an emergancy :2thumbs:

I hope they give ellie a chance even just a few days to prove herself to them.. shes meekos best friend :-( and i dont think its fair rehoming her because Rocky has been hurt.. Nobody knows how badly hurt Ellie could have been if Rocky still had any of his teeth. And nobody knows what happend as they were out. Il keep you all updated xx

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm so sorry! Just got this and how scary. I would've definitely gone to the vet. Like Jeannie and Chris said..it doesn't take much for serious damage to be done with a little dog. I'm sure shock had set in..please let us know..and honestly..without knowing what happened, I wouldn't blame the husky. Reaction is caused by action..could be loads of reasons..but I wouldn't leave them out and alone. Tough situation and I hope the wee dog is ok.

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Usually when they go out the husky is in the kitchen one side of the baby gate and rocky in the hall the other side of the baby gate and although rocky fits through the gate and can jump over he doesnt bother - they usually just do their own thing and ignore each other.
I personally dont blame Ellie and im adamant theres a reason behind it all.. If it was just they disliked each other this would of happened months ago (my thoughts being season due or rocky tried to take her food or chewy maybe?) im just trying to get my sister to see the sense. I think it was just natural reaction blaming ellie and wanting her gone because she saw rocky hurt and covered in blood but i keep reminding her that just becauase rocky has no teeth to hurt Ellie with.. That doesnt mean he dis not provoke it or try to bite her.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Usually when they go out the husky is in the kitchen one side of the baby gate and rocky in the hall the other side of the baby gate and although rocky fits through the gate and can jump over he doesnt bother - they usually just do their own thing and ignore each other.
I personally dont blame Ellie and im adamant theres a reason behind it all.. If it was just they disliked each other this would of happened months ago (my thoughts being season due or rocky tried to take her food or chewy maybe?) im just trying to get my sister to see the sense. I think it was just natural reaction blaming ellie and wanting her gone because she saw rocky hurt and covered in blood but i keep reminding her that just becauase rocky has no teeth to hurt Ellie with.. That doesnt mean he dis not provoke it or try to bite her.

Exactly! Those tiny dawgs can be sneaky!! Teeth or no teeth! :ohmy:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.