Today we say goodbye :(

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
In a few hours we say goodbye to my sweet Babie. I know I'm doing the right thing, but it doesn't make my heart ache any less. I took everyone's advice and took pictures and videos this last week. We went to the lake on Saturday and then to the Saguaro National Park on Monday. Two places she has always gone from the day we brought her home until a few years ago when I moved back to my home in Cincinnati. On one hand I wish I was still in Ohio, so I could take comfort in being with my family. On the other hand, I'm happy that B got to come back to her home in Arizona. We had one more summer of chasing lizards and lounging in the bright desert sun. She was able to see my ex a few times and get some love.This is the saddest day I have ever experienced, saying goodbye is never easy. I'm at peace with my decision, I can't stand to watch her suffer. I see the pain she is in and she's lost so much weight. I'm happy that I got Guinevere when I did, she will help me through this hard time. How can you not smile and laugh when there is a silly puppy to watch!

Attachments

• WP_20130122_002.jpg
    WP_20130122_002.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 94
  • WP_20130122_006.jpg
    WP_20130122_006.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 94
  • WP_20130122_15_41_17_SmartShoot.jpg
    WP_20130122_15_41_17_SmartShoot.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 102
  • WP_20130122_20_28_25_SmartShoot.jpg
    WP_20130122_20_28_25_SmartShoot.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 83
  • WP_20130123_003.jpg
    WP_20130123_003.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 84

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I am so sorry you have had to make this tough decision, but we can't let our best friends suffer. It is all about quality of life and not being in constant pain. Bless you. You have made the right decision.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My heartbreaks for you and we are all with you in spirit. please give hugs to Babie for me.

This is my favorite today --

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Babie. Decisions made with love are still not easy. Many of us have walked your path and we join with you in sorrow for your loss. This is a very sad day.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=6418]Tkelley[/MENTION]...I'm very sorry to hear this news even as I've known it was coming
from reading your previous posts.

Loss is painful, so painful...no wonder we dread it so. Take some comfort in
knowing Babie had a wonderful life in your care and that, even now...you've
never failed her.

My cat, CoCo...who came to me as a dying little kitten and at 4 months at a new
Vet's office was told, she wouldn't have a long life...is 13 y/o and going strong.

No one believes she's that age and other than getting all her shots & spayed,
she's never been back to the Vet's...too healthy! Anyways, I'm knowing her days
are shorter rather than longer and trying to prepare myself...but really...I don't
think we can.

Keeping you & yours & Babie in my thoughts & prayers.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I'm so, so sorry. Can't imagine how hard of a decision this was to make.
You'll be in my thoughts.. Hugs.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Such a sad day for you. You know that you are doing the best thing for Babie and that is the main thing. You can let her rest in peace knowing that she has lived a life full of joy and love.

Bless you for making such a hard decision ... we are all with you today giving you a big EBN hug. :heart:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I’m so so sorry. :( The most unselfish decision we can make is the right decision when it comes time to let them go to Rainbow Bridge. :luv: My heart aches for you but I know at the same time he will be in really good company, my Ace & Orion are there too. :hug: to you!!!!

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry for the loss of your Babie, but like you said, it is for the best and she will not suffer any longer, even though this does not make it any easier. Our heart goes out to you, and bless you for making the right decision for Babie. I know you and Guinevere will miss her dearly, so snuggle with Guinevere and you two can help each other get over the loos of your beautiful Babie. Just remember she will always be a part of you and forever in your memory. Sending hugs your way. :hug:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Thinking of you during this difficult time. Sending strength and prayers for you and Babie!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Sending you a big hug. In the end you made the best decision by putting her needs first and making such a hard decision. Hold on to the great memories you made and take comfort in the fact that she is no longer suffering.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Sending you a big hug right now. You've made the right decision, and Babie will be forever at peace and free from pain. God bless you.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Big hug and thoughts coming your way, So sorry for your loss.

Most Reactions