Nervous!

A

Alaskasmom1

I'm sorry...there's not much I can tell you except enjoy your baby as much as you can. Hugs! You are amazing!,

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I was sure hoping for better news. So sorry to hear this. We are here for you and will be sending prayers your way.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
My heart aches for you. I wish there was something I could say or do to ease your hurting heart. I had a full week with my Ace last January before that day and I treasure it and all the pictures I took, even the sad ones. Hold and love your guy much, it will stay with you for a lifetime. :hug: :hug:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I am just so sorry ....

My dear sweet Maggie was diagnosed with cancer ...lymphoma ... and within weeks she was gone from complications. May 31st 2012

The first thing I decided is that I would not keep her here for us, I would focus fully on what she was feeling and when it was time for her to go then so be it. I knew that with todays medicine you can keep them going for longer and longer. But I wanted her to go when it was time and not prolong the agony.

There is one thing I regret however. I wish I'd taken more photos and I wish I'd taken more videos .... because there can never be too many of those.

The experience for me is still so very very very raw and painful. But because it's so maybe I can help in some way. So PM me any time you want to. :heart:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=6418]Tkelley[/MENTION], I am so very sorry to hear about your Babie's diagnosis. I don't know what else to say except that we all are here for you :hug:

OP
Tkelley

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
I wanted to take a moment to say thank you to everyone. Your kind words and thoughts have been very helpful. I had to take a few days to process through all of my thoughts and come to terms with everything. It's been about two months since I noticed my B wasn't feeling well. We went to the vet at the beginning of December because she was getting sick and losing weight. The vet put her on a bland diet and ran some blood tests. She told me we could do xrays as well because there still could be a growth that may not be detected by the blood tests. At that point, the symptoms B was having sent us in the direction of blood tests. The bland diet seemed to make her feel better and she stopped getting sick. I'm still not sure what caused that episode. I felt a sense of relief when the blood tests came back normal and she was acting like herself again. I could kick myself for not getting the xrays too. But I'm also glad that I didn't. I don't think it would've changed the results. It would have given me more time to deal with the prognosis, but then I wouldn't have enjoyed my time because I would've been to upset.
Around 12/31 B stopped eating anything crunchy. She already seemed sad and withdrawn; I thought she was stressed out from a house full of people over the holidays. I made another appointment with the vet to have her teeth checked out. I know she told me at that time that there was a growth in the back of her mouth and an infection. She seemed to think it could be a tooth or gum problem. She suggested antibiotics and a follow up appointment in two weeks for a teeth cleaning and to remove the growth. After almost two weeks of antibiotics there were no changes in Bā€™s behavior. I knew this was different.
Iā€™ve been trying hard to be positive, I donā€™t think my constant crying is stress reducingā€¦ Iā€™ve watched her constantly for the last few days. Very drugged up and sad. Even with anti-inflammatory meds and pain pills she doesnā€™t seem interested in eating. The saddest part is, she is still hungry so she eats. My baby is in pain and so am I. Friday we stayed in bed all day and cuddled and yesterday we went to the lake. She had so much fun! Tomorrow we are going to see my exhusband (ā€œdaddyā€) so he can say his goodbyes. I havenā€™t set a date yet, but I canā€™t stand to see her in pain. There is nothing I can do to make her better and I canā€™t watch her get worse just to have more time. This is the saddest I have ever been. I feel blessed to say that. Here are a few pictures of our time at the lake yesterday. WP_20130119_010.jpgWP_20130119_13_58_13_Panorama.jpgWP_20130119_015.jpgWP_20130119_021.jpgWP_20130119_025.jpgWP_20130119_026.jpg

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry to hear this. It must be difficult, but for the best for your Babie. She will be in your heart forever.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I wanted to take a moment to say thank you to everyone. Your kind words and thoughts have been very helpful. I had to take a few days to process through all of my thoughts and come to terms with everything. It's been about two months since I noticed my B wasn't feeling well. We went to the vet at the beginning of December because she was getting sick and losing weight. The vet put her on a bland diet and ran some blood tests. She told me we could do xrays as well because there still could be a growth that may not be detected by the blood tests. At that point, the symptoms B was having sent us in the direction of blood tests. The bland diet seemed to make her feel better and she stopped getting sick. I'm still not sure what caused that episode. I felt a sense of relief when the blood tests came back normal and she was acting like herself again. I could kick myself for not getting the xrays too. But I'm also glad that I didn't. I don't think it would've changed the results. It would have given me more time to deal with the prognosis, but then I wouldn't have enjoyed my time because I would've been to upset.
Around 12/31 B stopped eating anything crunchy. She already seemed sad and withdrawn; I thought she was stressed out from a house full of people over the holidays. I made another appointment with the vet to have her teeth checked out. I know she told me at that time that there was a growth in the back of her mouth and an infection. She seemed to think it could be a tooth or gum problem. She suggested antibiotics and a follow up appointment in two weeks for a teeth cleaning and to remove the growth. After almost two weeks of antibiotics there were no changes in Bā€™s behavior. I knew this was different.
Iā€™ve been trying hard to be positive, I donā€™t think my constant crying is stress reducingā€¦ Iā€™ve watched her constantly for the last few days. Very drugged up and sad. Even with anti-inflammatory meds and pain pills she doesnā€™t seem interested in eating. The saddest part is, she is still hungry so she eats. My baby is in pain and so am I. Friday we stayed in bed all day and cuddled and yesterday we went to the lake. She had so much fun! Tomorrow we are going to see my exhusband (ā€œdaddyā€) so he can say his goodbyes. I havenā€™t set a date yet, but I canā€™t stand to see her in pain. There is nothing I can do to make her better and I canā€™t watch her get worse just to have more time. This is the saddest I have ever been. I feel blessed to say that. Here are a few pictures of our time at the lake yesterday. View attachment 35545View attachment 35546View attachment 35547View attachment 35548View attachment 35549View attachment 35550

You are finding your way. Just keep following your heart. These are wonderful pictures and these moments you will treasure forever. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.